AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Poor man's billet brake release button (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=375013)

the man November 20th 12 01:24 AM

Poor man's billet brake release button

If you like the aluminum look, replace the button on the T-1 parking
brake lever with the nut that holds the wiper arm on the type 2 ('68 on)
I polish them a little.
--
Karma ; what a concept!

ChrisKlinger November 20th 12 02:45 AM

the man wrote:

> If you like the aluminum look, replace the button on the T-1

parking
> brake lever with the nut that holds the wiper arm on the type

2 ('68 on)
> I polish them a little.

OEM Custom... what a concept!

Love the idea

the man November 24th 12 03:09 AM

Poor man's billet brake release button

In article >,
ChrisKlinger > wrote:

> the man wrote:
>
> > If you like the aluminum look, replace the button on the T-1

> parking
> > brake lever with the nut that holds the wiper arm on the type

> 2 ('68 on)
> > I polish them a little.

> OEM Custom... what a concept!
>
> Love the idea

It's even a bit shorter that the plastic button. almost recessed.
low profile.
--
Karma ; what a concept!

the man November 24th 12 03:16 AM

ChrisKlinger > wrote:

> the man wrote:
>
> > If you like the aluminum look, replace the button on the T-1

> parking
> > brake lever with the nut that holds the wiper arm on the type

> 2 ('68 on)
> > I polish them a little.

> OEM Custom... what a concept!
>
> Love the idea

It's even a bit shorter that the plastic button. almost recessed.
low profile. in the winter I polish the nuts. I would never powder coat
them.
--
Karma ; what a concept!

Jan Andersson[_4_] November 26th 12 03:48 AM

On 11/19/2012 9:45 PM, ChrisKlinger wrote:
> the man wrote:
>
>> If you like the aluminum look, replace the button on the T-1

> parking
>> brake lever with the nut that holds the wiper arm on the type

> 2 ('68 on)
>> I polish them a little.

> OEM Custom... what a concept!
>
> Love the idea

Awesome, would like to see a collection of "keep it in the family"
tricks like this.. Heck I'd even allow watercooled VW's as sources....
I'll give one example: if your later model beetle does not have
"night/day" position lever on the rear view mirror, you can take the
mirror from an early watercooled VW, it has the exact same twist-on
mount. I got mine off of a Passat for my 74. :)

Jan

Jan Andersson[_4_] November 26th 12 03:52 AM

On 11/23/2012 10:16 PM, the man wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> the man wrote:
>>
>>> If you like the aluminum look, replace the button on the T-1

>> parking
>>> brake lever with the nut that holds the wiper arm on the type

>> 2 ('68 on)
>>> I polish them a little.

>> OEM Custom... what a concept!
>>
>> Love the idea

> It's even a bit shorter that the plastic button. almost recessed.
> low profile. in the winter I polish the nuts. I would never powder coat
> them.

I polish my nuts in the summer. :D

Jan

Olli Lammi[_2_] November 26th 12 07:28 PM

On 26.11.2012 05:52, Jan Andersson wrote:

> I polish my nuts in the summer. :D

I have kept my hands off of any Polish nuts.

---
Olli

tricky[_2_] December 30th 12 10:26 AM

On 26/11/12 03:48, Jan Andersson wrote:
> On 11/19/2012 9:45 PM, ChrisKlinger wrote:
>> the man wrote:
>>
>>> If you like the aluminum look, replace the button on the T-1

>> parking
>>> brake lever with the nut that holds the wiper arm on the type

>> 2 ('68 on)
>>> I polish them a little.

>> OEM Custom... what a concept!
>>
>> Love the idea

> Awesome, would like to see a collection of "keep it in the family"
> tricks like this.. Heck I'd even allow watercooled VW's as sources....
> I'll give one example: if your later model beetle does not have
> "night/day" position lever on the rear view mirror, you can take the
> mirror from an early watercooled VW, it has the exact same twist-on
> mount. I got mine off of a Passat for my 74. :)
>
> Jan

Two great little tricks :)

let's maybe keep this thread going ?

Rich

the man January 5th 13 07:01 PM

tricky > wrote:

> On 26/11/12 03:48, Jan Andersson wrote:

> >> parking
> >> 2 ('68 on)
> >>
> >> OEM Custom... what a concept!
> >>
> >> Love the idea

> > Awesome, would like to see a collection of "keep it in the family"
> > tricks like this.. Heck I'd even allow watercooled VW's as sources....
> > I'll give one example: if your later model beetle does not have
> > "night/day" position lever on the rear view mirror, you can take the
> > mirror from an early watercooled VW, it has the exact same twist-on
> > mount. I got mine off of a Passat for my 74. :)
> >
> > Jan

> Two great little tricks :)
>
> let's maybe keep this thread going ?
>
> Rich

for my rear viewing I over laid the original mirror with a wide angle
one. It's nice and still pivots. I don't drive at nite or in the rain.
--
Karma ; what a concept!