AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Error code 12 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=32233)

Mythic May 9th 05 03:30 PM

Error code 12

12* Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50
key-on cycles

what does this mean? 1997 TJ Sport

DougW May 9th 05 10:41 PM

Mythic did pass the time by typing:
> 12* Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50
> key-on cycles
>

> what does this mean? 1997 TJ Sport

Oddly, it means your battery was disconnected (or ran down real low)
sometime in the past and you haven't started the jeep 50 times yet
to clear the code. :)

Basically ignore that code unless it occurs with lots of other codes.
If you see it with lots of other codes it's an indication your battery
terminals may be lose or corroded.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://members.cox.net/wilsond
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Mythic May 10th 05 05:40 AM

DougW wrote:
> Mythic did pass the time by typing:
>
>>12* Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50
>>key-on cycles
>>

>>what does this mean? 1997 TJ Sport

> Oddly, it means your battery was disconnected (or ran down real low)
> sometime in the past and you haven't started the jeep 50 times yet
> to clear the code. :)
>
> Basically ignore that code unless it occurs with lots of other codes.
> If you see it with lots of other codes it's an indication your battery
> terminals may be lose or corroded.

Thanks Doug,

I noticed my terminals are corroded, and need to be cleaned. The light
went off today, only to come back on later on in the day. Tomorrow I
have to clean the terminals!

:)

Jason