AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   99 A6 2.8 Crusie Conrol (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=247379)

. . . /\\/\\ i k e March 17th 08 01:12 PM

99 A6 2.8 Crusie Conrol

About 4 months ago, I noticed an intermittant problem with the crusie
control. Some days, it would not engage, some days it would.
This lasted about a week or two, and since then, it just won't engage at
all.

Any ideas what might be wrong and/or where to start looking?.

Thanks...

....Mike

TonyJ[_3_] March 17th 08 06:37 PM

99 A6 2.8 Crusie Conrol

Probably either the switch on the steering column needs contacts cleaned
with CRC or if yours has a vacuum switch above the brake pedal it might
be sticking or need adjustment.

[email protected] April 4th 08 06:31 PM

99 A6 2.8 Crusie Conrol

I've found this to be the beginning of the end, sorry to say, and it
is a very difficult problem to diagnose. However, looks like you got
some good advice from TonyJ.

Just a fair warning, it could be very costly to fix, if it can be
fixed at all.

I had a control replaced once and it lasted 1 day! LOL