AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cat Problem???? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=20178)

Eddie DeStafney August 30th 04 03:40 PM

Cat Problem????

Hi

Does any one know where I can Purchase a Cat Converter for a 1998 Protege
ES 1.8L A/T

Thanks

Eddie DeStafney August 30th 04 07:26 PM

news:1c233$41333bfb$d1473959$6038@allthenewsgroups .com...

Dana Myers August 30th 04 07:50 PM

Eddie DeStafney wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does any one know where I can Purchase a Cat Converter for a 1998 Protege
> ES 1.8L A/T

What do you want to convert your cat into? My cats leave
paw-prints all over my Miata.

Dana

Frank Berger August 31st 04 03:25 AM

"Eddie DeStafney" > wrote in message
news:1c233$41333bfb$d1473959$6038@allthenewsgroups .com...
> Hi
>
> Does any one know where I can Purchase a Cat Converter for a 1998

Protege
> ES 1.8L A/T
>
> Thanks

Mazda dealer?

johnny phenothiazine August 31st 04 11:02 AM

Frank Berger wrote:

> "Eddie DeStafney" wrote:
>
> > Does any one know where I can Purchase a Cat
> > Converter for a 1998 Protege ES 1.8L A/T

> Mazda dealer?

I'm sure the factory part is of high quality, but if it's anything like
the factory cat for a Miata you'll be paying two to three times what you
could pay for a third-party unit. Here, Frank, try this:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=fp...azda+catalytic

and you'll find a long list of vendors. Choosing one at random:

http://www.cheapexhaust.com/mazda-pr...converter.html

for your model I see a replacement unit for $110.38. Good luck!

Yours WDK -

http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

Frank Berger August 31st 04 10:29 PM

"johnny phenothiazine" > wrote in message
> Frank Berger wrote:
> >
> > "Eddie DeStafney" wrote:
> >
> > > Does any one know where I can Purchase a Cat
> > > Converter for a 1998 Protege ES 1.8L A/T

> > Mazda dealer?

> I'm sure the factory part is of high quality, but if it's anything like
> the factory cat for a Miata you'll be paying two to three times what you
> could pay for a third-party unit. Here, Frank, try this:
>
> http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=fp...azda+catalytic
>
> and you'll find a long list of vendors. Choosing one at random:
>
> http://www.cheapexhaust.com/mazda-pr...converter.html
>
> for your model I see a replacement unit for $110.38. Good luck!
>
> Yours WDK -

I was joking.