AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   coolant for 1997 sc1 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=37229)

greg e via CarKB.com July 3rd 05 02:44 PM

coolant for 1997 sc1

just bought a 97 sc1 for my daughter, the person i purchased it from had
replaced a rad. hose and didn't have antifreeze so he put water in it, lives
outside of town and it is not winter, anyway he said to drain and refill with
antifreeze so i put in some regular green coolant that i keep premixed. my
question is, is this coolant ok or do i need something else, have never had a
saturn and am not familiar with them or their maintenance issue's

blah blah July 3rd 05 05:43 PM

In article >, says...
> just bought a 97 sc1 for my daughter, the person i purchased it from had
> replaced a rad. hose and didn't have antifreeze so he put water in it, lives
> outside of town and it is not winter, anyway he said to drain and refill with
> antifreeze so i put in some regular green coolant that i keep premixed. my
> question is, is this coolant ok or do i need something else, have never had a
> saturn and am not familiar with them or their maintenance issue's

Do you see an orange or green circle on top of the cooling system cap?
Did you read what was wrote around it? Did you also check your owners
manual?

parts July 6th 05 05:58 PM

97 Saturn takes dexcool antifreeze. If you put green in it you need the
system profesionally flush because the green and dexcool react to made
crystals that will clogg up the system.