AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Audi A6 Avant brake warning light issue (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=52021)

[email protected] December 23rd 05 01:51 PM

Audi A6 Avant brake warning light issue

Hello,
I am having problems with my Audi A6, 2.5 TDI (-02). Every time I make
a _right_ turn a bit faster, the brake system warning light lights up
and the system beeps for three times. This happens only when I make a
right turn.

At first I though it must be due to insufficient amount of brake fluid,
since the sensor is on the other far side of the brake fluid
compartment. How ever, there is right amount of fluid in the system,
and it does not leak.

I have changed new disks and brake pads to rear wheels and new pads to
front wheels.

Despite this warning, brakes function completely OK, including ABS and
ESP. The sound of the warning is veeery annoying.

Any suggestion how I could start to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Ari
Helsinki, Finland

daytripper December 23rd 05 03:49 PM

On 23 Dec 2005 05:51:25 -0800, wrote:

>Hello,
>I am having problems with my Audi A6, 2.5 TDI (-02). Every time I make
>a _right_ turn a bit faster, the brake system warning light lights up
>and the system beeps for three times. This happens only when I make a
>right turn.
>
>At first I though it must be due to insufficient amount of brake fluid,
>since the sensor is on the other far side of the brake fluid
>compartment. How ever, there is right amount of fluid in the system,
>and it does not leak.
>
>I have changed new disks and brake pads to rear wheels and new pads to
>front wheels.
>
>Despite this warning, brakes function completely OK, including ABS and
>ESP. The sound of the warning is veeery annoying.
>
>Any suggestion how I could start to resolve this problem?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Ari
>Helsinki, Finland

You ought to be able to find what the system thinks is wrong by dumping fault
codes, but in any case I'd suspect a failing wheel speed sensor - or the
connection to same...

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd