AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Bagging car for storage (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=366337)

brian January 21st 11 07:50 PM

Bagging car for storage

Hey all, I have a C6 that I store for the summer while away. I have
been just leaving it with a car cover in a carport (in San Diego) with
a battery tender and things have gone fairly well except for a little
mouse activity. But this has been a very good year for the little
beasts and their larger rat cousins and I am getting a bit alarmed by
what damage they have already done to my wife's van.

So.......... I researched bagging the car to ward of the critters.
Seems there are actual zippered bags available, but being frugal and
already having a large silver tarp available I decided to wrap it up
in that as a trial. I wrapped it up and was able to get it tight and I
think rat proof. So far so good, even though it was a lot of work and
took two people, several binder straps and bungee cords.

But after I finished I got to thinking about moisture building up
inside the bag/tarp. Probably not good.........

Have any of you bagged your car and is there a solution like descant
that will take care of any condensation issues for up to 6 mo's? How
much is needed? Where do you buy large amounts of the stuff or other
solutions? I put it away warm, would cool be better in a moisture
generating sense?

Any experiences or other approaches to pass on?

brian

Bob I[_2_] January 21st 11 10:31 PM

Bagging car for storage

Here is some info

http://www.carbag.com/support/omnidry_desiccant.html

brian January 22nd 11 12:36 AM

Bagging car for storage

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:31:53 -0600, Bob I > wrote:

>Here is some info
>
>http://www.carbag.com/support/omnidry_desiccant.html
>
>On 1/21/2011 13:50, brian wrote:
>> Hey all, I have a C6 that I store for the summer while away. I have
>> been just leaving it with a car cover in a carport ...............

Thanks Bob, perfect!

brian

Bob I[_2_] January 22nd 11 12:43 AM

Bagging car for storage

On 1/21/2011 18:36, brian wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:31:53 -0600, Bob > wrote:
>
>> Here is some info
>>
>> http://www.carbag.com/support/omnidry_desiccant.html
>>
>> On 1/21/2011 13:50, brian wrote:
>>> Hey all, I have a C6 that I store for the summer while away. I have
>>> been just leaving it with a car cover in a carport ...............

> Thanks Bob, perfect!
>
> brian

You're welcome, have a great one.

uncle_vito January 22nd 11 04:35 PM

Bagging car for storage

Be careful the rats do not chew a hole in the bag.

They can chew through anything.