AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rFactor (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=84009)

bluestringer February 3rd 07 06:47 PM

rFactor

I'm getting back into race sims and heard rFactor was a good one to try. So
I downloaded the demo and it just doesn't seem too good. The sounds are
cartoonish, cars sound like bumblebees and the shifting sounds funky. Is
there a NASCAR mod for it? Are there any good NASCAR sims other than NASCAR
2003?

bluestringer

John Smith[_1_] February 3rd 07 07:36 PM

rFactor

"bluestringer" > wrote in message
> I'm getting back into race sims and heard rFactor was a good one to try.
> So
> I downloaded the demo and it just doesn't seem too good. The sounds are
> cartoonish, cars sound like bumblebees and the shifting sounds funky. Is
> there a NASCAR mod for it? Are there any good NASCAR sims other than
> NASCAR
> 2003?
>

> bluestringer

Just buy the full version, you won't regret it. And yes there is a Nascar
mod for it..

Jeff Reid February 3rd 07 08:36 PM

rFactor

> I'm getting back into race sims and heard rFactor was a good one to try.

rFactor by itself isn't that great, but the makers cheated. They counted
on 3rd party developers to make some good car and track mods. There are
many of these now for rFactor.

Summit February 4th 07 11:41 AM

rFactor

Same here guy - I was looking for another sim racing game to play. NR2003 is
still the best, but getting old.

Many said rfactor is great so I downloaded the demo and was not impressed. I
was told just as you were. Buy the full version. You won't regret it.

HA, I regretted buying the game.

There were no improvements from the demo to the full version. It's the same
physics as EA's NSR. Which I find rather amusing since all the hard core
nr2003 said they hated NSR, but they all bought rfactor and said they love
it..too funny!

The stock car mod is the exactly the same as EA' NSR. Same physics, same
models, same crappy game play.

The only good thing I have to say about rfactor is, the graphics are nice
and the console gamer will enjoy it. They also have tons of mod which are
buggy. Sometimes my wheel will work. Sometimes it won't

My copy of the game is sitting right next to EA's NSR, since they are the
same. Collecting dust with the rest of the crap I purchased over the years.

Hopefully ARCA Sim Racing will be great!

Robert Jordan February 4th 07 02:10 PM

rFactor

I agree the nascar mod for rfactor just dont cut it for me.. but the
openwheel, and now the Offroad mods are really good and accurate
physics..the rally cars are nice driving too... I still play it alot
but for Nascar, it still is N2003 for that... nothing better ...

Nascarob

Greg Campbell February 4th 07 06:16 PM

rFactor

Summit wrote:

> Same here guy - I was looking for another sim racing game to play. NR2003 is
> still the best, but getting old.

> Many said rfactor is great so I downloaded the demo and was not impressed. I
> was told just as you were. Buy the full version. You won't regret it.

> HA, I regretted buying the game.

Have you tried the F3 or 1979 mods? Those are well worth the $40

If you're stuck on Nascar, then you're probably right to stick with
N2003. Have fun....

Osarenren February 4th 07 07:03 PM

rFactor

rfactor sucks. it feels like one is driving on ice and there also
seems to be this delay between input/ result.

buy GTR2 instead. its a 10 times better game and you dont have to
download 250gigs of mods to find a decent race online.

Zed February 5th 07 01:07 AM

rFactor

Will someone please explain where GTR2 came from and who wrote the
physics for it? I think some people need enlightening.

Osarenren February 5th 07 04:05 AM

rFactor

On Feb 4, 7:07 pm, Zed > wrote:
> Will someone please explain where GTR2 came from and who wrote the
> physics for it? I think some people need enlightening.
>

> Osarenren wrote:
> > rfactor sucks. it feels like one is driving on ice and there also
> > seems to be this delay between input/ result.

> > buy GTR2 instead. its a 10 times better game and you dont have to
> > download 250gigs of mods to find a decent race online.- Hide quoted text -

I think I can answer that one.

Doug Arnao- who was also instrumental in creating the physics for the
godfather of PC sims -GPL.

he is a real time racer AND champion, mulitple times.

also, Henrik Roos was involved, who was an FIA GT racer, AND team
owner.

These guys know their Soot.

John Smith[_1_] February 5th 07 11:59 PM

rFactor

"Osarenren" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Feb 4, 7:07 pm, Zed > wrote:
>> Will someone please explain where GTR2 came from and who wrote the
>> physics for it? I think some people need enlightening.
>>

>> Osarenren wrote:
>> > rfactor sucks. it feels like one is driving on ice and there also
>> > seems to be this delay between input/ result.

>> > buy GTR2 instead. its a 10 times better game and you dont have to
>> > download 250gigs of mods to find a decent race online.- Hide quoted
>> > text -

> I think I can answer that one.
>
> Doug Arnao- who was also instrumental in creating the physics for the
> godfather of PC sims -GPL.
>
> he is a real time racer AND champion, mulitple times.
>
> also, Henrik Roos was involved, who was an FIA GT racer, AND team
> owner.
>
> These guys know their Soot.

Oh yea Doug A.. the godfather of ice..