AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Water Injection (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=267123)

Mack Fan May 23rd 08 06:21 PM

Water Injection

IDono? all that Much about this Water Injection??--but--as a Diesel
Mechanic I know! in Big Truck Diesel Engines theres been a Hot Water
Problem in referance to the Diesel engine Sleeves--{cyl walls} as
Hot water passes through very small Holes in the in the Interior Block
It will eat a Hole through the Outer Engine Sleve & Cause sa Failure of
that Sleve! as Big Truck Diesel Engines have Sleves un-like Gas
engines--which the Blocks is Bored Out to Accept the Pistons & Rings
when I Do an In Frame Re-Build I Check all the Sleves & if? I Do See! a
Rusted Spot? on any Diesel Engine Sleve I re-move It & Re-Install
it--w/ the Weak Area away --usually 180 * from its Original Position
thus! Giving that Engine a Longer Life as All Diesel engines only Sell
Kits--a Complete Cyl package New Sleve--Piston--Rings & Rods
a very Costly Item--as Water con NOT Be Compressed--& when Water is
Vaporized {Steam} it Opens UP the Pours of what ever it Touches &
Eats what ever Away! & Knowing All the New Vehicle engines in todays
Vehicles Are! Especillay the New Compact Car engines are Allready
Modified to their Limit at the Factory I wouldn*t Suggest any
One w/ One! installing any Water Injection System to ONE!--as I
Read the Water Injection Articles--w/ state!--50% better Fuel
Milage?--Personally I*D like to See That! to ME! installing any Water
Injection System to Your CAR! is Just another SCAM! --to Get Your
MONEY! as over theYrs I have Seen a lot of Such SCAMS!
as Corperate America is in the Business of Marketing HYPE! by
Advertising Many Products that Simply Don*t WORK !! Thus! Buyer Be
WARE! heres a Simple RULE ! Simpely GO to
Your Local Mechanic & Ask HIM? & in referance to ALL these Water
Injection Systems! & watch Him SMILE!--Enough SAID--Mack Fan--!