AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Just for Fun (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=350017)

Chris D'Agnolo[_2_] March 4th 10 03:26 AM

Just for Fun

Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas folks have
owned and approximately how many miles they have put on those Miatas.

To start it off I can say that I've owned 2.
- 1992 SE Black and Tan (put ~75k on it over ~5 yrs) and currently
- 1999 Base model Black / Black / Black (so far have put about 72k over
about 5 yrs)

I'd love for everybody to chime in whether it's one Miata and the first
thousand miles or 10 Miatas and many hundreds of thousands of miles (maybe
928k miles on the odo ;-) Let me know!

Chris
99BBB

pws[_1_] March 4th 10 04:18 AM

Just for Fun

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas folks
> have owned and approximately how many miles they have put on those Miatas.

Two that have been running, two that have been parted out.

1996 "M" Edition, approximately 6 years - 77K

1991 1.8 liter turbo monster, approximately 5 years, 41K

I can add a few thousand miles of driving the Miata that belonged to
SWOHTBOS on some road trips.

Pat

Lanny Chambers March 4th 10 05:08 AM

Just for Fun

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas folks have
> owned and approximately how many miles they have put on those Miatas.

One 1994 C Package, 88k since 1997.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO

Douglas Payne March 4th 10 11:38 AM

Just for Fun

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas folks
> have owned and approximately how many miles they have put on those Miatas.
>
> To start it off I can say that I've owned 2.
> - 1992 SE Black and Tan (put ~75k on it over ~5 yrs) and currently
> - 1999 Base model Black / Black / Black (so far have put about 72k over
> about 5 yrs)
>
> I'd love for everybody to chime in whether it's one Miata and the first
> thousand miles or 10 Miatas and many hundreds of thousands of miles
> (maybe 928k miles on the odo ;-) Let me know!

2003 1.8 UK 'Sport' with factory black heated leather, strut brace and a
set of Billy Stein's patented wobble reducers. I've owned it just over
3 years and have done ~50k miles.

--
Douglas

Erdos March 4th 10 02:25 PM

Just for Fun

On Mar 4, 6:38*am, Douglas Payne > wrote:
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> > Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas folks
> > have owned and approximately how many miles they have put on those Miatas.

> > To start it off I can say that I've owned 2.

1997 M edition, bought used with 14K, now at 207K.
2007 Grand Touring, bought used with 11K, now at 12K :)

Gerry

KWS[_2_] March 4th 10 02:26 PM

Just for Fun

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas folks
> have owned and approximately how many miles they have put on those Miatas.
>
> To start it off I can say that I've owned 2.
> - 1992 SE Black and Tan (put ~75k on it over ~5 yrs) and currently
> - 1999 Base model Black / Black / Black (so far have put about 72k over
> about 5 yrs)
>
> I'd love for everybody to chime in whether it's one Miata and the first
> thousand miles or 10 Miatas and many hundreds of thousands of miles
> (maybe 928k miles on the odo ;-) Let me know!
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

1990 "B" - one owner; me - just passed 20 years; 221K miles

Domagoj Bagaric[_2_] March 4th 10 04:09 PM

Just for Fun

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas folks

one miata

cca 90k miles in 9ish years.

gonna get my one of those 2.0 (in europe you can get 1.8 too) nc in
splashin' colors :D

Domagoj Bagaric[_2_] March 4th 10 05:13 PM

Just for Fun

KWS wrote:

> 1990 "B" - one owner; me - just passed 20 years; 221K miles

kudos!

John McGaw March 4th 10 07:19 PM

Just for Fun

On 3/3/2010 10:26 PM, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas folks
> have owned and approximately how many miles they have put on those Miatas.
>
> To start it off I can say that I've owned 2.
> - 1992 SE Black and Tan (put ~75k on it over ~5 yrs) and currently
> - 1999 Base model Black / Black / Black (so far have put about 72k over
> about 5 yrs)
>
> I'd love for everybody to chime in whether it's one Miata and the first
> thousand miles or 10 Miatas and many hundreds of thousands of miles
> (maybe 928k miles on the odo ;-) Let me know!
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Two Miatas:

1991 for 15 years and about 125K (and it still had the original top!)
2006 for four years and about 43K
20?? for ? years and about ?

By the time the third one is needed I might well be too old to get in and
out of a Miata.

BK March 4th 10 08:47 PM

Just for Fun

Just one. Purchased 6/3/1989 with about 85k miles.