AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   528 2000 seat noise (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=129153)

Texas slacker March 19th 07 08:49 PM

528 2000 seat noise

I have a spasmodic "groaning" seat noise when I adjust the drivers
seat from a forward position (wifes) to a rear (my) position.
It sounds as if it might be riding on the rails, a dragging noise. I
have squirted oil on everything I can get to without success and am
about ready to take it to the mechanic. Before I take the last step
can someone point me in the right direction so that I will not be
completely helpless when I drive through the overhead doors. Thanks
Leo

Fred W March 21st 07 09:45 AM

528 2000 seat noise

Texas slacker wrote:

> I have a spasmodic "groaning" seat noise when I adjust the drivers
> seat from a forward position (wifes) to a rear (my) position.
> It sounds as if it might be riding on the rails, a dragging noise. I
> have squirted oil on everything I can get to without success and am
> about ready to take it to the mechanic. Before I take the last step
> can someone point me in the right direction so that I will not be
> completely helpless when I drive through the overhead doors. Thanks
> Leo

Are you sure it's not just the side of the seat rubbing against the seat
belt latch? Get your head down there when you're moving the seat and
see if you can pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

--
-Fred W

Texas slacker March 21st 07 02:10 PM

528 2000 seat noise

On Mar 21, 4:45 am, Fred W > wrote:
> Texas slacker wrote:
>
> > I have a spasmodic "groaning" seat noise when I adjust the drivers
> > seat from a forward position (wifes) to a rear (my) position.
> > It sounds as if it might be riding on the rails, a dragging noise. I
> > have squirted oil on everything I can get to without success and am
> > about ready to take it to the mechanic. Before I take the last step
> > can someone point me in the right direction so that I will not be
> > completely helpless when I drive through the overhead doors. Thanks
> > Leo

> Are you sure it's not just the side of the seat rubbing against the seat
> belt latch? Get your head down there when you're moving the seat and
> see if you can pinpoint where the noise is coming from.
>
> --
> -Fred W

Fred: It very easily could be the seat rubbing against the latch.
Thet would account for the intermittant nature. I will get my head
into the problem. Thanks much. Leo