AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   wiring a voltage regulator 0.190.350.079 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=400297)

ed[_8_] March 1st 14 03:18 PM

wiring a voltage regulator 0.190.350.079

I purchased a 190.350.079 reg and my 73 vw has 2 wires coming from the arm
post ( 1 heavy red and 1 small wire ) . a small wire from the field and a
ground wire There is a heavy red wire from the battery and 1 wire from the
indicator light. all the schematics show 5 wires When I hook all the wires
shown in the schematic, I have the 1 small wire from the arm left, and the
only way I can get the gen to charge is to spark it on the Battery + where
does this wire go

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/volkswage...079-77297-.htm