AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________ mixqec (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21128)

Chief_Wiggum November 8th 04 01:26 AM

Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________ mixqec

Y A W N

I'd give this a 2 on the Troll-o-meter... good enough to click on the
topic, but too amateurish to take seriously and respond intelligently to.

wrench November 8th 04 02:04 AM

> I'd give this a 2 on the Troll-o-meter... good enough to click on the
> topic, but too amateurish to take seriously and respond intelligently to.

And that's being generous, too! :-)

Besides, I HAD to vote for ol' George......my favorite
singer/songwriter/actor/actress/tv
personality didn't bother to tell me who to vote for. :-o

Kevin DeAngelis November 8th 04 06:08 AM

I have several Nixon stickers left over from 1972, and I put one on my
Explorer (there, got the truck in this thread finally).

I did this because (a) I'm an old fart; (b) I didn't care for either
candidate, although I ended up voting for Kerry; (c) Nixon was a crook, but
he was a benign crook; (d) I'm an old fart. Oops, I said that already.
Well, old farts have lousy memories.

It was interesting to watch people pull up behind me at a light with that
sticker on my rear window. Some laughed out loud, others looked bewildered
(mostly youngsters who don't know who he was). still others looked
thoughtful. Good old Tricky Dick - I really do kinda miss him. He'd
probably be considered a liberal today.

At least nobody was moaning about voter apathy this time around. That is a
very good thing.

. com...

John Riggs November 8th 04 06:13 AM

I still have the Nixon wrist watch, but the Spiro T. Agnew watch was
cooler.

Sparky November 8th 04 09:43 AM

Kevin DeAngelis wrote:

> I have several Nixon stickers left over from 1972, and I put one on my
> Explorer (there, got the truck in this thread finally).
>
> I did this because (a) I'm an old fart; (b) I didn't care for either
> candidate, although I ended up voting for Kerry; (c) Nixon was a crook, but
> he was a benign crook; (d) I'm an old fart. Oops, I said that already.
> Well, old farts have lousy memories.
>
> It was interesting to watch people pull up behind me at a light with that
> sticker on my rear window. Some laughed out loud, others looked bewildered
> (mostly youngsters who don't know who he was). still others looked
> thoughtful. Good old Tricky Dick - I really do kinda miss him. He'd
> probably be considered a liberal today.

Absolutely - check out the current "Doonesbury" with Mark & his
boyfriend (name escapes me now) discussing Nixon & current politics.

Sparky November 8th 04 09:43 AM

John Riggs wrote:

> I still have the Nixon wrist watch, but the Spiro T. Agnew watch was
> cooler.

Heh, I have an original Dirty Time Co. Spiro Agnew wrist watch with
original band.

PC Medic November 8th 04 04:08 PM

"Chief_Wiggum" > wrote in message
>Y A W N
>
> I'd give this a 2 on the Troll-o-meter... good enough to click on the
> topic, but too amateurish to take seriously and respond intelligently to.

I actually gave it a 1 on the French Troll meter!

Backyard Mechanic November 8th 04 04:58 PM

Chief_Wiggum opined in news:1Xzjd.49041$G15.13096@fed1read03:

> Y A W N
>
> I'd give this a 2 on the Troll-o-meter... good enough to click on the
> topic, but too amateurish to take seriously and respond intelligently to.

Which means it's probably legit, considering the Mirror banner.
;)

MPBSR25 November 8th 04 11:08 PM

>Subject: Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!!
>___________ mixqec
>From: "John Riggs"
>Date: 11/8/2004 1:13 AM Eastern Standard Time
>
> I still have the Nixon wrist watch, but the Spiro T. Agnew watch was
>cooler.

Hey, I still have my Agnew watch

John Riggs November 10th 04 04:20 AM

The problem I had with my watch was it never worked except in election
years, and it quit working when he left office. ( grinning ).
Seriously, are these things worth more than the pot metal and paint they're
made of? Gotta do something. My dear old dad threw out my comic book
collection when I went in the service over 30 years ago....had some pretty
decent Spiderman, Superman, etc of the DC comics....back then they sold for
a whopping 9 cents, then I cussed when they raised the price to 12 cents. I
wonder what they would be worth now. Hell, I can't even remember what a
comic book sells for now.

. net...