AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Poor 156 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=337064)

SteveH September 14th 09 09:05 PM

Poor 156

What has it done to deserve this?

http://www.gumtree.com/london/70/43256470.html

Alfa 156 TSpark Sportwagon Veloce Selespeed - Alfa 75 TSpark Lusso -
Ducati 750SS - BMW R100RT - Toyota Prius T-Spirit

J.D.[_2_] September 16th 09 01:55 PM

Poor 156

. ..

What a **** !

R C Nesbit September 16th 09 01:59 PM

Poor 156

SteveH spoke:
> What has it done to deserve this?

Probably a moody car like mine.

Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! One day it will
drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
decent acceleration, then the next it takes off like a
scalded cat!

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Catman September 16th 09 09:47 PM

Poor 156

R C Nesbit wrote:
> SteveH spoke:
>> What has it done to deserve this?

> Probably a moody car like mine.
>
> Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! One day it will
> drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
> decent acceleration, then the next it takes off like a
> scalded cat!

New MAF for you, mate.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Charlie Money September 22nd 09 11:16 AM

Poor 156

On Sep 16, 9:47*pm, Catman > wrote:
> > Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! *One day it will
> > drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
> > decent acceleration, then the next it takes off like a
> > scalded cat!

> New MAF for you, mate.

Or EGR valve...

Dave Savage October 10th 09 09:05 AM

Poor 156

"Charlie Money" > wrote in message
On Sep 16, 9:47 pm, Catman > wrote:
> > Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! One day it will
> > drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
> > decent acceleration, then the next it takes off like a
> > scalded cat!

> New MAF for you, mate.

Or EGR valve...

Excuse my ignorance - wot's an EGR valve ?

Dave S... (currently nursing very sick 156, I'm pretty sure it's the MAF,
had same problem 20k miles ago) :>((

Catman October 10th 09 04:28 PM

Poor 156

Dave Savage wrote:
> "Charlie Money" > wrote in message
> On Sep 16, 9:47 pm, Catman > wrote:
>>> Seriously - my 156 is a moody *******! One day it will
>>> drive like a wheezing old bus, struggling to achieve any
>>> decent acceleration, then the next it takes off like a
>>> scalded cat!

>> New MAF for you, mate.

> Or EGR valve...
>
> Excuse my ignorance - wot's an EGR valve ?
>
> Dave S... (currently nursing very sick 156, I'm pretty sure it's the MAF,
> had same problem 20k miles ago) :>((

Exhaust gas recirculation valve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS 156 V6 2.5 S2

Dave Savage October 19th 09 06:19 PM

Poor 156

"> Dave S... (currently nursing very sick 156, I'm pretty sure it's the MAF,
> had same problem 20k miles ago) :>((

Well - I got that one completely wrong.

A "nice young man from the AA" came out last Thursday and discovered that
one of the plugs is well oiled-up.

Poss cause - knackered gasket ??

Anyway, 156 is now down at the local Alfa dealer (Allams of Epsom) awaiting
diagnosis / fix - I'll be posting bulletins on the palace gates as and when
there's anything to report.

Dave S.. :>(( (not a happy bunny)

Dave Emerson October 19th 09 06:37 PM

Poor 156

"Dave Savage" > wrote in message

> A "nice young man from the AA" came out last Thursday and discovered that
> one of the plugs is well oiled-up.
>
> Poss cause - knackered gasket ??

- piston ring?
- valveguide seal?
- cracked head?
- ...

--
Dave
ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop

Dave Savage October 19th 09 07:21 PM

Poor 156

"Dave Emerson" > wrote in message

> "Dave Savage" > wrote in message
>
>> A "nice young man from the AA" came out last Thursday and discovered that
>> one of the plugs is well oiled-up.
>>
>> Poss cause - knackered gasket ??

> - piston ring?
> - valveguide seal?
> - cracked head?
> - ...
>

> --
> Dave
> ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop
> http://tinyurl.com/4mhaw

Oh my ! Looks like I'm spoilt for choice ...... all sounds most
un-pleasant !!! :>((

Dave S...