AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   just bought 156 on ebay (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=64527)

R D S May 7th 06 09:55 PM

just bought 156 on ebay

I have just bought this and im mildly excited!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4636244067

However, before buying an Alfa 156 I went on confused.com and decided
insurance would be about 500 quid per year.
Now I have the reg number it is coming out at 1100 quid, is it because this
is a Veloce model? Are they that much more expensive to insure?

Pete May 7th 06 09:58 PM

just bought 156 on ebay

On Sun, 7 May 2006 21:55:09 +0100, "R D S" >, wrote:

>I have just bought this and im mildly excited!
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4636244067
>
>However, before buying an Alfa 156 I went on confused.com and decided
>insurance would be about 500 quid per year.
>Now I have the reg number it is coming out at 1100 quid, is it because this
>is a Veloce model? Are they that much more expensive to insure?

Veloce means Sport so it is dearer to insure? Possible.
Lusso, as in the one you link to, means Luxury.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

Pete May 7th 06 10:02 PM

just bought 156 on ebay

On Sun, 7 May 2006 21:55:09 +0100, "R D S" >, wrote:

>I have just bought this and im mildly excited!
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4636244067

BTW don't believe that "good for another 60K" bit :-)

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

R D S May 7th 06 10:03 PM

just bought 156 on ebay

"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 May 2006 21:55:09 +0100, "R D S" >, wrote:
>
>>I have just bought this and im mildly excited!
>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4636244067
>>
>>However, before buying an Alfa 156 I went on confused.com and decided
>>insurance would be about 500 quid per year.
>>Now I have the reg number it is coming out at 1100 quid, is it because
>>this
>>is a Veloce model? Are they that much more expensive to insure?
>>

> Veloce means Sport so it is dearer to insure? Possible.
> Lusso, as in the one you link to, means Luxury.
>
> Pete

The auction says Lusso, the insurance site details it as a Veloce when I
type the reg in, but double!

R D S May 7th 06 10:04 PM

just bought 156 on ebay

"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 May 2006 21:55:09 +0100, "R D S" >, wrote:
>
>>I have just bought this and im mildly excited!
>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4636244067

> BTW don't believe that "good for another 60K" bit :-)
>
> Pete

It will take me 10 years to do 60k

Pete May 7th 06 10:05 PM

just bought 156 on ebay

On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:04:05 +0100, "R D S" >, wrote:

>> BTW don't believe that "good for another 60K" bit :-)
>>
>> Pete

>It will take me 10 years to do 60k

and at least 2 more cam belts

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

R D S May 7th 06 10:06 PM

just bought 156 on ebay

"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:04:05 +0100, "R D S" >, wrote:
>
>>> BTW don't believe that "good for another 60K" bit :-)
>>>
>>> Pete

>>It will take me 10 years to do 60k

> and at least 2 more cam belts
>
> Pete

How so?

Pete May 7th 06 10:08 PM

just bought 156 on ebay

On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:06:54 +0100, "R D S" >, wrote:

>"Pete" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>It will take me 10 years to do 60k

>> and at least 2 more cam belts
>>
>> Pete

>How so?

only good for 36k or 5 yrs
see the FAQ on this ng

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

SteveH May 7th 06 10:10 PM

just bought 156 on ebay

R D S > wrote:

> I have just bought this and im mildly excited!
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4636244067
>
> However, before buying an Alfa 156 I went on confused.com and decided
> insurance would be about 500 quid per year.
> Now I have the reg number it is coming out at 1100 quid, is it because this
> is a Veloce model? Are they that much more expensive to insure?

As Pete says, it's not a Veloce. It's a Lusso. Can't see why it would be
that pricey to insure, my wife insures hers for £250 / year.

You got a cracker there - I looked at it myself, but it was more than I
wanted to spend ;-)
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

R D S May 7th 06 10:13 PM

just bought 156 on ebay

"SteveH" > wrote in message
>R D S > wrote:
>
>> I have just bought this and im mildly excited!
>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=4636244067
>>
>> However, before buying an Alfa 156 I went on confused.com and decided
>> insurance would be about 500 quid per year.
>> Now I have the reg number it is coming out at 1100 quid, is it because
>> this
>> is a Veloce model? Are they that much more expensive to insure?

> As Pete says, it's not a Veloce. It's a Lusso. Can't see why it would be
> that pricey to insure, my wife insures hers for £250 / year.
>
> You got a cracker there - I looked at it myself, but it was more than I
> wanted to spend ;-)

What is that link where you can check what a car is from its reg?
It comes up as a Veloce on the car insurance site.