AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   97 GT speedo cal with gear change 3.73/4.10/ete. ?? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21287)

no-spam November 25th 04 04:35 AM

97 GT speedo cal with gear change 3.73/4.10/ete. ??

I was planing to change my gear ratio to 3.73 on my 97 gt, I have seen
postings in the past talk about a Hypertech (Power programer III) to
make the change on the stags to show correct speedo readings. On
Hypertechs web site it shows that the tire/wheel program is N/A for
my 97. Any ideas who has what i need to use for my ride???? for the
recalibration??
thanks in advance for any info posted :)

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/fordfeaturechart.html

SVTKate November 25th 04 12:19 PM

On mine, I had to replace the speedo gear that goes into the tranny.
Bought it at the dealership.
--
Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top

no-spam November 27th 04 12:51 AM

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:19:33 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>On mine, I had to replace the speedo gear that goes into the tranny.
>Bought it at the dealership.

Thanks for the info Kate, looks like i will be able to make out
cheaply if thats all i need :) for that end of the change out, Happy
Holidays, Andrew

SVTKate November 27th 04 11:55 AM

My pleasure :)