AutoBanter

-   Car Show Photos (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Car quiz for group question. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=117380)

doby February 16th 07 04:29 PM

Car quiz for group question.

Who can come up with the correct answer to this ?

In what year was the the American Motors Company
organized ? Do your research well, this is tricky.

guest February 16th 07 05:16 PM

Car quiz for group question.

Doby > wrote
> Who can come up with the correct answer to this ?
>
> In what year was the the American Motors Company
> organized ? Do your research well, this is tricky.

I always thought it was in 1953, with their new cars appearing in 1954
still as the Hudson and Nash.

AMC dropped the Hudson and Nash brands (which I thought was a mistake) and
went with Rambler starting in 1957 and ending in 1966.

Am I close? (this is from memory)

Ron

Verner Johnsen February 16th 07 05:55 PM

Car quiz for group question.

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:29:41 -0700, Doby > wrote:

>Who can come up with the correct answer to this ?
>
>In what year was the the American Motors Company
>organized ? Do your research well, this is tricky.

The American Motors Company was founded in 1906 and based in
Indianapolis, Indiana.

--
Regards Verner,

guest February 16th 07 07:55 PM

Car quiz for group question.

Verner Johnsen > wrote
> The American Motors Company was founded in 1906 and based in
> Indianapolis, Indiana.

Did it actually build a car, and should we have been calling the company
that produced the AMX II the AMC II ?

Ron

Roadsign[_2_] February 16th 07 08:45 PM

Car quiz for group question.

Verner Johnsen > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:29:41 -0700, Doby > wrote:
>
>>Who can come up with the correct answer to this ?
>>
>>In what year was the the American Motors Company
>>organized ? Do your research well, this is tricky.

> The American Motors Company was founded in 1906 and based in
> Indianapolis, Indiana.

And unfortunately went bankrupt in 1914.

HEMI-Powered[_2_] February 16th 07 10:52 PM

Car quiz for group question.

Today, Roadsign made these interesting comments ...

> Verner Johnsen > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:29:41 -0700, Doby
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Who can come up with the correct answer to this ?
>>>
>>>In what year was the the American Motors Company organized ?
>>> Do your research well, this is tricky.

>> The American Motors Company was founded in 1906 and based in
>> Indianapolis, Indiana.
>>

> And unfortunately went bankrupt in 1914.

which one? I didn't know about the 1906 version, but the later one
was bought out/merged with Renault in the early 1980s and was
bought out/merged with Chrysler in August, 1987. The latter was
mainly to get Jeep and resulted in a bribe payment of over $150M to
Renault to pay for engines never used in their POS Premier car that
we finished but could never sell.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Verner Johnsen February 16th 07 11:07 PM

Car quiz for group question.

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:55:28 -0600, guest > wrote:

>Verner Johnsen > wrote
>> The American Motors Company was founded in 1906 and based in
>> Indianapolis, Indiana.

>Did it actually build a car,

Yes, they build a car falled American, and later models were known as
American Underslung.

>and should we have been calling the company
>that produced the AMX II the AMC II ?

I thought that was 'American Motors Corporation', founded 1st of May
1954 by George Mason when he merged Nash and Hudson.

--
Regards Verner,

doby February 17th 07 02:17 AM

Car quiz for group question.

Not correct

doby February 17th 07 02:19 AM

Car quiz for group question.

That was the American Motors CAR Compan.
Close but no prize.

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:55:52 GMT, Verner Johnsen

doby February 17th 07 02:21 AM

Car quiz for group question.

They had several models at one time.