AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   3 series of FIVE BEEPS (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=281687)

mrbarnard July 13th 08 08:11 PM

3 series of FIVE BEEPS

My 1994 Ford Mustang 3.8L 5 spd has started doing something that
completely confuses me:
When I start it, there is now a distinct series of beeps (not a
"lights on", "door open", or "buckle the seatbelt" beep). It is 5
beeps, sounded three times. No idiot light comes on, and there is no
indication from the gauges of anything wrong.

Does anyone know the meaning of 5 beeps?

Dan[_30_] July 14th 08 01:01 AM

3 series of FIVE BEEPS

On Jul 13, 1:11*pm, mrbarnard > wrote:
> My 1994 Ford Mustang 3.8L 5 spd has started doing something that
> completely confuses me:
> When I start it, there is now a distinct series of beeps (not a
> "lights on", "door open", or "buckle the seatbelt" beep). It is 5
> beeps, sounded three times. No idiot light comes on, and there is no
> indication from the gauges of anything wrong.
>
> Does anyone know the meaning of 5 beeps?

Groups of five beeps is usually the SRS (airbags) complaining about
something. Burnt out bulb on the dash, defective module, etc.

Dan
P49Y83+