AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rF2 Screenies (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=350897)

Uwe March 19th 10 09:09 AM

rF2 Screenies

Hi folks,

any comments on the newly released rF2 screenies? I'm really
looking forward to the next SRT episode, I hope we'll get some
live rF2 action then.

I also love the idea of including a historic F1 mod with rF2
and some Endurance type cars!

Cheers, Uwe

Andrew MacPherson[_2_] March 19th 10 03:36 PM

rF2 Screenies

(Uwe) wrote:

> any comments on the newly released rF2 screenies?

It's very hard to draw conclusions from the small shots posted so far. Without a
big team I'm not expecting miracles, but I'm still looking forward to this greatly.
After all, it'll be a very important release for the simming world.

Appealing to the "GPL2" crowd seems like a good way of keeping interest high. It
certainly works for me. :-)

Andrew McP

Boris Badenov March 19th 10 10:12 PM

rF2 Screenies

On 19/03/2010 2:09 AM, Uwe wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> any comments on the newly released rF2 screenies? I'm really
> looking forward to the next SRT episode, I hope we'll get some
> live rF2 action then.
>
> I also love the idea of including a historic F1 mod with rF2
> and some Endurance type cars!
>
> Cheers, Uwe

Link?

Kai Åberg March 20th 10 05:28 AM

rF2 Screenies

http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-si...e-screenshots/

http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-in...e-screengrabs/

mookytc March 20th 10 11:33 AM

rF2 Screenies

On Mar 20, 1:28*am, Kai Åberg > wrote:
> Boris Badenov wrote:
> > On 19/03/2010 2:09 AM, Uwe wrote:
> >> Hi folks,

> >> any comments on the newly released rF2 screenies? I'm really
> >> looking forward to the next SRT episode, I hope we'll get some
> >> live rF2 action then.

> >> I also love the idea of including a historic F1 mod with rF2
> >> and some Endurance type cars!

> >> Cheers, Uwe

> > Link?

> http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-si...e-screenshots/
>
> http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-in...e-screengrabs/

Wonder if they put the West Brothers on to paint some car haulers?

Uwe March 20th 10 03:14 PM

rF2 Screenies

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 04:33:57 -0700 (PDT), mookytc wrote:

>> http://www.virtualr.net/rfactor-2-in...e-screengrabs/

> Wonder if they put the West Brothers on to paint some car haulers?

Damn, that tore up a really old scar again, thanks ;-)

I used to check the West Brothers forums every once in a while, but
gave up on it about a year ago. Anyone still close to them got some
news?

All the best, Uwe

Andrew MacPherson[_2_] March 21st 10 06:48 AM

rF2 Screenies

(Uwe) wrote:

> Anyone still close to them got some
> news?

I'd prefer not to know that they've long since given up and are now happily married
with seven kids between them and no time to write code or paint virtual lorries. I
still cling to the hope that one day they'll just appear from nowhere with an
amazing working product. :-)

And no, I don't believe in fairies and Father Christmas. I just have a /tiny/ hint
of optimism buried deep in my cynical old soul.

Only a hint though. A very, very small one. A pico-hint. The kind of hint you might
just be able to detect using the LHC (if it's working).

Andrew McP

FukStik March 22nd 10 10:40 AM

rF2 Screenies

On 20/03/2010 8:14 AM, Uwe wrote:

> Damn, that tore up a really old scar again, thanks ;-)
>
> I used to check the West Brothers forums every once in a while, but
> gave up on it about a year ago. Anyone still close to them got some
> news?

Only a year ago? Cripes, you are a slow learner. I gave up on the
douchebags at least 8 years ago.

FukStik March 22nd 10 10:44 AM

rF2 Screenies

On 19/03/2010 2:09 AM, Uwe wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> any comments on the newly released rF2 screenies? I'm really
> looking forward to the next SRT episode, I hope we'll get some
> live rF2 action then.
>
> I also love the idea of including a historic F1 mod with rF2
> and some Endurance type cars!
>
> Cheers, Uwe

Can't say much going by those low res screenshots. Looks ok though from
what I can see.

GaryR March 22nd 10 03:11 PM

rF2 Screenies

I must be getting old, not only do I remember the whole West debaucle
but I just realized I Kill Filter people instantly, without a thought,
just by seeing their screen name... don't even have to read the
comments.

GR