AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rFactor:new track. Birmingham (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=43214)

Dave Henrie September 12th 05 01:52 PM

rFactor:new track. Birmingham

The US Pits have the first links to a wonderful new track. Orignally a
Motorcycle test track, it has been updated and is used for several sports
car series as well. The Rolex Grand Am series is probably the biggest that
schedules there now.
Great fun, watch out for the Spiders and Ants.

dave henrie

http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=1722

David G Fisher September 12th 05 09:40 PM

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> The US Pits have the first links to a wonderful new track. Orignally a
> Motorcycle test track, it has been updated and is used for several sports
> car series as well. The Rolex Grand Am series is probably the biggest
> that
> schedules there now.
> Great fun, watch out for the Spiders and Ants.
>
> dave henrie
>
> http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=1722

Excellent track. Extremely well made, and a fun track to drive too. rFactor
has only been out a week and a half, and two very high quality tracks have
been released.
--
David G Fisher

--
David G Fisher

Sidney H Bridge September 12th 05 10:39 PM

David G Fisher wrote:
> "Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
> . 97.136...
>
>> The US Pits have the first links to a wonderful new track. Orignally a
>>Motorcycle test track, it has been updated and is used for several sports
>>car series as well. The Rolex Grand Am series is probably the biggest
>>that
>>schedules there now.
>> Great fun, watch out for the Spiders and Ants.
>>
>>dave henrie
>>
>>http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=1722

> Excellent track. Extremely well made, and a fun track to drive too. rFactor
> has only been out a week and a half, and two very high quality tracks have
> been released.

Well, they didn't start on these tracks 10 days ago, did they!

Too much of this fanboy stuff will only put people off.

David G Fisher September 12th 05 11:07 PM

"Sidney H Bridge" > wrote in message
> David G Fisher wrote:
>> "Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
>> . 97.136...
>>
>>> The US Pits have the first links to a wonderful new track. Orignally a
>>>Motorcycle test track, it has been updated and is used for several sports
>>>car series as well. The Rolex Grand Am series is probably the biggest
>>>that
>>>schedules there now.
>>> Great fun, watch out for the Spiders and Ants.
>>>
>>>dave henrie
>>>
>>>http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=1722

>> Excellent track. Extremely well made, and a fun track to drive too.
>> rFactor has only been out a week and a half, and two very high quality
>> tracks have been released.

> Well, they didn't start on these tracks 10 days ago, did they!
>
> Too much of this fanboy stuff will only put people off.

LOL, ok sorry.

Didn't you say this?

"And as for the amount
of feel I get for the contact patches of the tyres through the FFB
wheel, well, I'm blown away!"

--
David G Fisher

Alan Bernardo September 12th 05 11:35 PM

"Sidney H Bridge" > wrote in message
> David G Fisher wrote:
>> "Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
>> . 97.136...
>>
>>> The US Pits have the first links to a wonderful new track. Orignally a
>>>Motorcycle test track, it has been updated and is used for several sports
>>>car series as well. The Rolex Grand Am series is probably the biggest
>>>that
>>>schedules there now.
>>> Great fun, watch out for the Spiders and Ants.
>>>
>>>dave henrie
>>>
>>>http://thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?t=1722

>> Excellent track. Extremely well made, and a fun track to drive too.
>> rFactor has only been out a week and a half, and two very high quality
>> tracks have been released.

> Well, they didn't start on these tracks 10 days ago, did they!
>
> Too much of this fanboy stuff will only put people off.

It might. All I know is that I couldn't do better. I appreciate the work
others do. That's not fanboy; it's simple appreciation.

Alanb

DJRJR September 12th 05 11:46 PM

I haven't loaded it yet, but how about some tracks with asphault runoff
areas like F1 is starting to use? I hate having to learn a new track and
having dirt runoff... Also where is the F1 mod?

Jan Verschueren September 13th 05 12:19 AM

"DJRJR" wrote...
>I haven't loaded it yet, but how about some tracks with asphault
> runoff areas like F1 is starting to use? I hate having to learn a
> new track and having dirt runoff... Also where is the F1 mod?

How about driving as if you could actually get hurt going off?

I'm concentrating my offline simming towards a GTR monsterrank nowadays, so
today I spend an hour getting to know Enna Pergusa<sp?>. I lost the Z3 GTR
and F360 once each, settling into the minimalistic gravel run-offs without
sustaining any damage.

If having big offs and writing off cars is your way of progressing with a
sim, consider this: you're only teaching yourself how to crash.

Jan.
=---

ymenard September 13th 05 01:39 AM

>"DJRJR" > wrote
>I haven't loaded it yet, but how about some tracks with asphault runoff
>areas like F1 is starting to use? I hate having to learn a new track and
>having dirt runoff... Also where is the F1 mod?

If you can't keep the car on the track, there's only 1 true alternative :
slow down.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Dave Henrie September 13th 05 02:27 AM

"DJRJR" > wrote in news:tznVe.6319$w46.5572
@tornado.texas.rr.com:

> I haven't loaded it yet, but how about some tracks with asphault runoff
> areas like F1 is starting to use? I hate having to learn a new track and
> having dirt runoff... Also where is the F1 mod?

Sigh....here we get a track that is completely new on the ISI side of
sims, and one that is very unique, and all we hear is...Eff One, Where's
the Eff One? RH2004 or CTDP for F1c has all those asphalt montrosities.
At least, from what I have seen, the closest Eff One track to Barber 'may'
be the latest, the Turkish Track. They seem to share a similar elevation
change feel.
I was always stunned that Mid Ohio came reletivily late in the GPL track
cycle, that Cleveland was never properly done for Papy sims from which it
was based. The ISI modders had a more accurate and updated version of
Cleveland at least a year ago and I don't think PAPY mods ever did see
anything beyond a retextured ICR2 track.
My favorite driving track for the F1c mods, was the 2nd attempt at
Virginia...maybe not the best racing track because of it's long esses that
prevent passing and (unless you belong to a certain GTP series that allows
fast guys to 'move' slower ones out of the way :> ) but if you get the car
dancing through those esses just right...is majik. So the VIRmz version,
that was actually based on a Nascar Heat track and not GPL, blew away just
about anything else for F1c. RH2004's Spa was very very good, as was the
updated French track, Magny Cours, interestingly, the Papy modded version
of Magny was not as accurate as the ISI track. 'Usually' it's the other
way around. Lemans has been out for years in ISI-land, but the BEST
version came late and for Nr2k3. .
I expect the VIRmz to make it eventually to both GTR and rFactor, but
for now, we have just two add-on tracks. Troi Reviors(sp?) in Quebec seems
also be in the pipeline,. That one has seen many versions...for a city
track it is very good.
The biggest oddity about the two tracks that have been released so far,
one a port and one a completely new build, is that both are located in
North America. A large part of the ISI/Papy based mod community is Euro
based. I am frankly suprised that the first releases were not the very
same F1 tracks you wished for.

BTW...there are two sandpits in the new track, I've found both. :) From
viewing the last Rolex race held there, the 2nd one was referred to as
China Beach. What do they call the asphalt that envelopes the new section
of Nurburging GP? lol

dave henrie

J.D. Ellis September 13th 05 03:01 AM

Dave Henrie wrote:

> I was always stunned that Mid Ohio came reletivily late in the GPL track
> cycle,

Only Mid-Ohio I've seen is the ICR2 convert, which was pretty laughable,
as I gather other tracks were as well (i.e. Road America).

-jde

Sting32 September 13th 05 03:24 AM

Where's the other add on track? lost the link I think and the post.

Mr Q September 13th 05 06:05 AM

Forget the F1 mod ... where's the A1 Grand Prix mod? If some mod
developers get busy we could be driving in A1 races before the real race
drivers do. :)

Mr Q
-------------------

ymenard September 13th 05 07:26 AM

>"Mr Q" > wrote
> Forget the F1 mod ... where's the A1 Grand Prix mod? If some mod
> developers get busy we could be driving in A1 races before the real race
> drivers do. :)

You mean the 4 people who are remotely interesting in A1GP?

jason moyer September 13th 05 10:00 AM

Uwe Sch=FCrkamp wrote:

> Anyway, let's not diss A1 before we've seen the first couple of races, I
> think it has good potential to turn into something interesting (not hard
> to do with the current state of F1)

Their track selection is at least interesting. Certainly better than
what the real F1 is running. I'm looking forward to American and
British GP's on real circuits. :)

Bruce Kennewell September 13th 05 10:10 AM

What's this "fanboy" rubbish? :(
Is it now politically-incorrect to actually state one's approval of, and
pleasure with, something?
Utter crap!!
Take that attitude and shove it as far as possible up your fundamental
orifice.

BK

Peter September 13th 05 10:13 AM

2005-09-13, Uwe Schürkamp wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:26:52 -0400, ymenard wrote:
>>>"Mr Q" > wrote
>>> Forget the F1 mod ... where's the A1 Grand Prix mod? If some mod
>>> developers get busy we could be driving in A1 races before the real race
>>> drivers do. :)

>> You mean the 4 people who are remotely interesting in A1GP?

> Make that five. ;) I'd really like to see a fresh start to forumula

Six! Current F1 has become a joke..I'm hoping a1gp will be better.
(well, one can hope).

-peter

Stephen F. September 13th 05 10:50 AM

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:26:52 -0400, ymenard wrote:
>>>"Mr Q" > wrote
>>> Forget the F1 mod ... where's the A1 Grand Prix mod? If some mod
>>> developers get busy we could be driving in A1 races before the real race
>>> drivers do. :)

>> You mean the 4 people who are remotely interesting in A1GP?

> Make that five. ;) I'd really like to see a fresh start to forumula
> racing without all the political bull**** where drivers are actually
> taking risks without the danger of getting their arses whipped after the
> race by over-careful team managers... although I think on 2nd thought
> this might be difficult in a series that means to represent countries in
> motorsport ;)

Indeed, apart from the on-track and off-track politics of the current mess
known as F1, I imagine James Hunt is turning over in his grave when he hears
about Dennis and Haug suggesting Kimi step back in line to fit the corporate
image of McLaren. I don't care if a driver goes on a drunken binge in his
off hours, as long as he's not assaulting anyone or failing to pay for the
occasional broken hotel chair.

Jan Verschueren September 13th 05 11:44 AM

"Bruce Kennewell" wrote...
> <snip>
> Take that attitude and shove it as far as possible up your
> fundamental orifice.

Classic Bruce... lol.

Jan.
=---

Dave Henrie September 13th 05 01:13 PM

"Sting32" > wrote in news:7LqVe.359$7x4.294
@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

> Where's the other add on track? lost the link I think and the post.

Lime Rock Park? available at Race Sim Central
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=221304

dh

PlowBoy September 13th 05 01:50 PM

Thanks Dave... I thought it was in the F3 mod or something, but it wasn't.

http://www.paddedwall.org/rTCDD/index.php for those interested in what is
out and what is on the way...

Thanks all!

Dave Henrie enlightened us with:

Steve Simpson September 13th 05 02:28 PM

> You mean the 4 people who are remotely interesting in A1GP?

+1

I think A1GP is a superb concept. Their marketing and TV coverage will
make or break it.

Byron Forbes September 13th 05 02:57 PM

"Stephen F." > wrote in message

>>> You mean the 4 people who are remotely interesting in A1GP?

>> Make that five. ;) I'd really like to see a fresh start to forumula
>> racing without all the political bull**** where drivers are actually
>> taking risks without the danger of getting their arses whipped after the
>> race by over-careful team managers... although I think on 2nd thought
>> this might be difficult in a series that means to represent countries in
>> motorsport ;)
>>

> Indeed, apart from the on-track and off-track politics of the current mess
> known as F1, I imagine James Hunt is turning over in his grave when he
> hears about Dennis and Haug suggesting Kimi step back in line to fit the
> corporate image of McLaren. I don't care if a driver goes on a drunken
> binge in his off hours, as long as he's not assaulting anyone or failing
> to pay for the occasional broken hotel chair.

I agree 100% but it's up to the likes of Raikonen to say "Hey Ron, get
your beak out of my private life ****wit or we'll need to sit down and
renegotiate everything".

It's like that everywhere now - be a pussy or be politically incorrect.
The Queen has set the stage for a planet run by bitches. Clearly, many the
man on the planet don't realise what it means to conduct ones self as though
one has no balls - funny really! :)

John Smith September 13th 05 05:55 PM

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
. 97.136...
> "DJRJR" > wrote in news:tznVe.6319$w46.5572
> @tornado.texas.rr.com:
>
>> I haven't loaded it yet, but how about some tracks with asphault runoff
>> areas like F1 is starting to use? I hate having to learn a new track and
>> having dirt runoff... Also where is the F1 mod?
>>

> Sigh....here we get a track that is completely new on the ISI side of
> sims, and one that is very unique, and all we hear is...Eff One, Where's
> the Eff One? RH2004 or CTDP for F1c has all those asphalt montrosities.
> At least, from what I have seen, the closest Eff One track to Barber 'may'
> be the latest, the Turkish Track. They seem to share a similar elevation
> change feel.

sorry dave, I just would like some new style tracks also(with paved runoff).
Didn't mean to push the wrong button with you. And I just perfer to go
faster rather than slower when I race.

DJRJR(aka J.S. on laptop)

Larry September 13th 05 06:14 PM

Kinda curious. Why an EXE ?

That's a little scary these days.

-Larry

jason moyer September 13th 05 09:52 PM

Larry wrote:
> Kinda curious. Why an EXE ?
>
> That's a little scary these days.

If you're using winrar, you can open self-extracting exe's like normal
archives. Or just not be a pussy about downloading software from known
sources. :)

Byron Forbes September 14th 05 01:12 PM

"John Smith" > wrote in message

> "Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
> . 97.136...
>> "DJRJR" > wrote in news:tznVe.6319$w46.5572
>> @tornado.texas.rr.com:
>>
>>> I haven't loaded it yet, but how about some tracks with asphault runoff
>>> areas like F1 is starting to use? I hate having to learn a new track and
>>> having dirt runoff... Also where is the F1 mod?
>>>

>> Sigh....here we get a track that is completely new on the ISI side of
>> sims, and one that is very unique, and all we hear is...Eff One, Where's
>> the Eff One? RH2004 or CTDP for F1c has all those asphalt montrosities.
>> At least, from what I have seen, the closest Eff One track to Barber
>> 'may'
>> be the latest, the Turkish Track. They seem to share a similar elevation
>> change feel.
>>

> sorry dave, I just would like some new style tracks also(with paved
> runoff). Didn't mean to push the wrong button with you. And I just perfer
> to go faster rather than slower when I race.

Maybe a salt flats sim? How about boat racing?

Bloody ashalt runoffs! There should be concrete or cliff edges if you ask
me - and that's just in real life! :)

Bruce Kennewell September 15th 05 05:23 AM

Byron, as you have no knowledge at all as to the contents of the contract
between the driver and the McLaren organisation, why do you make such a
presumptuous statement?

"The Queen has set the stage for a planet run by bitches"???!!!!!
Have you any comprehension of history, Byron........beyond what you did last
week, of course (if you are even capable of remembering that far back)?
To which Queen are you referring........the current Queen of England, or
possibly her predecessor of the same name, Elizabeth I? Or maybe Victoria?
Mary, Queen of Scots? How about Boedicea?
Which one set the stage, Byron?

You really do come out with some puerile rubbish at times, honestly.

BK

Byron Forbes September 15th 05 12:40 PM

"Bruce Kennewell" > wrote in message
> Byron, as you have no knowledge at all as to the contents of the contract
> between the driver and the McLaren organisation, why do you make such a
> presumptuous statement?

True, I have no idea of any agreement. And screw their overbearing
agreement anyway. Who in the **** do they think they are to suffocate
someone's youth with their pathic, constipated conservitivism? In any case,
a young bloke has a night out and gets a bit carried away - big deal. If I
was a sponsor of McLaren I'd be quite happy to be associated with youthful
exuberance rather than some softcock whose mother has had way too much say
in it's upbringing. In fact, if they had some softcock ****ant as a driver
I'd withdraw sponsorship.

> "The Queen has set the stage for a planet run by bitches"???!!!!!
> Have you any comprehension of history, Byron........beyond what you did
> last
> week, of course (if you are even capable of remembering that far back)?
> To which Queen are you referring........the current Queen of England, or
> possibly her predecessor of the same name, Elizabeth I? Or maybe Victoria?
> Mary, Queen of Scots? How about Boedicea?
> Which one set the stage, Byron?
>
> You really do come out with some puerile rubbish at times, honestly.
>
> BK

It's not rocket science Kennewell - this sort of pitiful behavior by
McLaren is typical of those that are accustomed to being approved by bitches
and told how much of a lovely boy they are - pathetic! Ron Dennis must be a
****ing old woman to be spitting out **** like that and that's exactly what
his very own words indicate.

Sidney H Bridge September 15th 05 03:34 PM

Byron Forbes wrote:
> "John Smith" > wrote in message

6.97.136...

:

>>> Sigh....here we get a track that is completely new on the ISI side of
>>>sims, and one that is very unique, and all we hear is...Eff One, Where's
>>>the Eff One? RH2004 or CTDP for F1c has all those asphalt montrosities.
>>>At least, from what I have seen, the closest Eff One track to Barber
>>>'may'
>>>be the latest, the Turkish Track. They seem to share a similar elevation
>>>change feel.
>>>

>>sorry dave, I just would like some new style tracks also(with paved
>>runoff). Didn't mean to push the wrong button with you. And I just perfer
>>to go faster rather than slower when I race.
>>

> Maybe a salt flats sim?

ROTFLMAO

Sidney H Bridge September 15th 05 03:38 PM

Bruce Kennewell wrote:
> What's this "fanboy" rubbish? :(
> Is it now politically-incorrect to actually state one's approval of, and
> pleasure with, something?
> Utter crap!!
> Take that attitude and shove it as far as possible up your fundamental
> orifice.

I just think he was getting carried away be what had come along in the
last couple of weeks. Let's not count our ducks!

Sidney H Bridge September 15th 05 03:41 PM

Jan Verschueren wrote:
> "Bruce Kennewell" wrote...
>
>><snip>
>>Take that attitude and shove it as far as possible up your
>>fundamental orifice.

> Classic Bruce... lol.

Where it will no doubt be block from entry by your ever-present tongue, Jan!

Larry September 15th 05 08:26 PM

You are talking to someone that has to remove viruses and spyware from
dozens of machines a month, spending 30% of my support time on this crap.

Once you've seen a Drive-By Spyware Install in action, you'll feel like me
and TRUST NO ONE!

:)

-Larry

oups.com...

Larry September 15th 05 08:28 PM

He did Ducks?

Bruce Kennewell September 15th 05 08:55 PM

As I said, Byron....puerile.

Incidentally, that's an interesting way to spell
"chocolate"...............or is your email provider a cretin as well?

Byron Forbes September 16th 05 04:19 PM

The Queen has made an excellent speller out of you Bwuce.