AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Changing remote start battery (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=332069)

[email protected] July 4th 09 11:32 PM

Changing remote start battery

The remote start/entry key fob for my 2007 Aura is dead. my guess is the
battery. Can the battery be replaced in these things? I can't seem to open it
up. Luckily I Have a second which still works. This is my fourth Saturn and the
first time the remote died. Thanks.

marx404 July 5th 09 03:37 AM

Changing remote start battery

The battery can be changed. You will need to remove it from the keychain
ring and place a screwdriver or dime in the slot at the bottom of the
remote, you will see the slot there. Gently twist the case open and the
battery will be inside. If that does not do it the inside contacts will need
to be cleaned with rubbing alcohol.

--
marx404
<all gmail posts blocked>

[email protected] July 5th 09 05:49 AM

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 22:37:15 -0400, "marx404" > wrote:

>The battery can be changed. You will need to remove it from the keychain
>ring and place a screwdriver or dime in the slot at the bottom of the
>remote, you will see the slot there. Gently twist the case open and the
>battery will be inside. If that does not do it the inside contacts will need
>to be cleaned with rubbing alcohol.

Thanks much.