AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Over heating (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=447650)

Chris[_35_] January 23rd 21 06:31 PM

Over heating

I have a 2000 Chrysler cirrus with a 2.4l and I replaced the thermostat and it still over heating

--
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler...g-2145436-.htm

greybuck January 24th 21 06:21 PM

Over heating

On Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 10:31:37 AM UTC-7, Chris wrote:
> I have a 2000 Chrysler cirrus with a 2.4l and I replaced the thermostat and it still over heating
>
> --
> For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler...g-2145436-.htm

I would suggest checking the fans to ensure that they are coming on as expected. I would also suggest checking the coolant reservoir to make sure that it is staying topped off. It isn't, there could be a crack or other leak. I have had two of these go back on our Chrysler Cirrus.

Finally, the radiator could be clogged. A cooling system flush may correct this if it is the problem.

-Kirk M