AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   91 Accord starts then quits when warm (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=83184)

[email protected] January 23rd 07 12:44 AM

91 Accord starts then quits when warm

Hello! I've never posted to this group and have searched for similar
symptoms in past threads on this group. I'm hoping that this post may
find someone who can better pin down my problem which seems to involve
relays and fuel pump behavior (based on past posts).
After running fine on cold starts, the car periodically stops running
after a few seconds on restarting while still warm. When pulled into
my garage and shut off, I can hear a relay or selonoid trip followed
by a few seconds of humming noise, then the trip/hum cycle repeats for
several minutes (not always).
Any thoughts would be appreciated before I go to have my wallet
vacumed.
100k miles if that matters.

J Hanson

jim beam January 23rd 07 02:44 AM

wrote:
> Hello! I've never posted to this group and have searched for similar
> symptoms in past threads on this group. I'm hoping that this post may
> find someone who can better pin down my problem which seems to involve
> relays and fuel pump behavior (based on past posts).
> After running fine on cold starts, the car periodically stops running
> after a few seconds on restarting while still warm. When pulled into
> my garage and shut off, I can hear a relay or selonoid trip followed
> by a few seconds of humming noise, then the trip/hum cycle repeats for
> several minutes (not always).
> Any thoughts would be appreciated before I go to have my wallet
> vacumed.
> 100k miles if that matters.
>
> J Hanson

if it won't start when warm, it's main relay - you should replace or
re-solder at your age and mileage anyway. if it quits /while/ running,
it's igniter or coil.

[email protected] January 23rd 07 04:45 AM

91 Accord starts then quits when warm

go to cb7tuner.com

cheers

Tegger January 23rd 07 10:58 AM

91 Accord starts then quits when warm

wrote in news:1169513098.139184.77110
@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Hello! I've never posted to this group and have searched for similar
> symptoms in past threads on this group. I'm hoping that this post may
> find someone who can better pin down my problem which seems to involve
> relays and fuel pump behavior (based on past posts).
> After running fine on cold starts, the car periodically stops running
> after a few seconds on restarting while still warm. When pulled into
> my garage and shut off, I can hear a relay or selonoid trip followed
> by a few seconds of humming noise, then the trip/hum cycle repeats for
> several minutes (not always).
> Any thoughts would be appreciated before I go to have my wallet
> vacumed.
> 100k miles if that matters.

Does the tach fall to zero immediately before the engine dies?

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/