AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2000 mazda 626 rear rotor removal (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=159209)

[email protected] May 26th 07 11:11 PM

2000 mazda 626 rear rotor removal

I am trying to replace 2000 mazda 626 rear pads and rotors. Haynes
manual says to loosen emergency brake cable nut and disconnect cable.
I removed the retaining clip and tried to loosen what looked like a
nut next to it but after many turns it appears to be only an octagon
shaped clamp for the rubber boot over the cable. Can anyone tell me
how to remove the cable? It doesn't have enough slack to get free of
the spring loaded brake release.
Thanks,
Tom