AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Rearview mirror (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=116721)

bug '59 February 11th 07 02:00 PM

Rearview mirror

Hello Ramva,

A buddy of mine gave me his spare rearview mirror.
It's the one which you can 'click' away with a knop at the bottom.
My guess is it's from a mexi beetle since he owned one.

The question here is how to replace the stock one ('73 std) with this one?
(if possible)
There are no visable screws or bolds on the stock mirror nor the adjustable
one.
Am I to jank it of the sealing with a certain twist or is there a more
sophisticated way to do it?

Thanks in advance,
Roger

Joey Tribiani February 11th 07 03:08 PM

Rearview mirror

"bug '59" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hello Ramva,
>
> A buddy of mine gave me his spare rearview mirror.
> It's the one which you can 'click' away with a knop at the bottom.
> My guess is it's from a mexi beetle since he owned one.
>
> The question here is how to replace the stock one ('73 std) with this one?
> (if possible)
> There are no visable screws or bolds on the stock mirror nor the
> adjustable one.
> Am I to jank it of the sealing with a certain twist or is there a more
> sophisticated way to do it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Roger

Roger, the stock mirror will come off with a twist of about 45 degrees
either way....

bug '59 February 12th 07 09:02 PM

Rearview mirror

"Joey Tribiani" > schreef in bericht

> "bug '59" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Hello Ramva,
>>
>> A buddy of mine gave me his spare rearview mirror.
>> It's the one which you can 'click' away with a knop at the bottom.
>> My guess is it's from a mexi beetle since he owned one.
>>
>> The question here is how to replace the stock one ('73 std) with this
>> one? (if possible)
>> There are no visable screws or bolds on the stock mirror nor the
>> adjustable one.
>> Am I to jank it of the sealing with a certain twist or is there a more
>> sophisticated way to do it?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Roger
>>

> Roger, the stock mirror will come off with a twist of about 45 degrees
> either way....

Hey thanks Joey.
Now I have an awsome adjustable rearview mirror.
Your tip worked great!

Roger

[email protected] February 22nd 07 08:30 AM

Rearview mirror

> > Roger, the stock mirror will come off with a twist of about 45
> > degrees either way....

> Hey thanks Joey.
> Now I have an awsome adjustable rearview mirror.
> Your tip worked great!
> Roger

Cool. :)

Hey Roger, it's dumb ol' alvin again. :/

Guess what I did with my inside rear veiw mirror? ;)

Got a good looking right hand mirror that matched the left hand
mirror pretty good.

Alvin in AZ