AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Car starts running badly... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=370425)

XS11E[_1_] September 22nd 11 09:02 PM

Car starts running badly...

.... starting a day ago. I was also getting the dreaded driveshaft
squeak so I called Mike's Place <http://www.mikes-place.biz/> and made
an appointment for this AM.

They replaced the drive shaft for $100, they'd replaced it four years
earlier with a used one and it was long out of warranty but I'd only
driven 6,262 miles since so they gave me a deal.

The running like crap was plugs and wires, I'd suspected as much. I
believe the plugs and wires they replaced were installed by Mazda
150,000+ miles ago, if so, I can't complain about the life of them!

So all is well and it's running as it should, now if they could only
install a used left knee so I could shift it...... <sigh>

The Usenet Improvement Project:

charlie September 23rd 11 08:48 AM

Car starts running badly...

On 9/22/2011 4:02 PM, XS11E wrote:
> ... starting a day ago. I was also getting the dreaded driveshaft
> squeak so I called Mike's Place<http://www.mikes-place.biz/> and made
> an appointment for this AM.
>
> They replaced the drive shaft for $100, they'd replaced it four years
> earlier with a used one and it was long out of warranty but I'd only
> driven 6,262 miles since so they gave me a deal.
>
> The running like crap was plugs and wires, I'd suspected as much. I
> believe the plugs and wires they replaced were installed by Mazda
> 150,000+ miles ago, if so, I can't complain about the life of them!
>
> So all is well and it's running as it should, now if they could only
> install a used left knee so I could shift it......<sigh>

I believe they recalled all the used left knee joints and hip replacements.