AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Is This Our 2015 Mustang? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=373533)

Ashton Crusher[_3_] May 15th 12 12:48 AM

Is This Our 2015 Mustang?

On Wed, 9 May 2012 16:55:24 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>Another rendering. Supposedly this one is close.
>
>I like the back view. The front view, not so much... it's a little
>too busy.
>
>Your thoughts?
>
>http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...s-design-cues/
>
>Patrick

ICK. Ick on the Jaguar too.

twk May 15th 12 04:47 AM

Is This Our 2015 Mustang?

In article >,
Ashton Crusher > wrote:

> On Wed, 9 May 2012 16:55:24 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Another rendering. Supposedly this one is close.
> >
> >I like the back view. The front view, not so much... it's a little
> >too busy.
> >
> >Your thoughts?
> >
> >http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...ered-with-evos
> >-design-cues/
> >
> >Patrick

> ICK. Ick on the Jaguar too.

Like one of the comments on that page, I agree, that is one of the
better looking renderings so far.
It looks like a mustang, not like a camaro.

I didn't check the jag. /grin

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

RichA May 15th 12 01:38 PM

Is This Our 2015 Mustang?

On May 14, 11:47*pm, twk > wrote:
> In article >,
> *Ashton Crusher > wrote:
>

> > On Wed, 9 May 2012 16:55:24 -0700 (PDT), "
> > > wrote:

> > >Another rendering. *Supposedly this one is close.

> > >I like the back view. *The front view, not so much... it's a little
> > >too busy.

> > >Your thoughts?

> > >http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...ang-rendered-w....
> > >-design-cues/

> > >Patrick

> > ICK. *Ick on the Jaguar too.

> Like one of the comments on that page, I agree, that is one of the
> better looking renderings so far.
> It looks like a mustang, not like a camaro.
>
> I didn't check the jag. * /grin
>
> --
> For all you know this message was...
> Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

I'm kind of worried that they are heading into Jap territory again,
with everything rounded. The Mustang MUST have some angularity in the
body.

Ashton Crusher[_3_] May 15th 12 04:41 PM

Is This Our 2015 Mustang?

On Tue, 15 May 2012 05:38:44 -0700 (PDT), RichA >
wrote:

>On May 14, 11:47*pm, twk > wrote:
>> In article >,
>> *Ashton Crusher > wrote:
>>

>> > On Wed, 9 May 2012 16:55:24 -0700 (PDT), "

>> > ICK. *Ick on the Jaguar too.

>> Like one of the comments on that page, I agree, that is one of the
>> better looking renderings so far.
>> It looks like a mustang, not like a camaro.
>>
>> I didn't check the jag. * /grin
>>
>> --
>> For all you know this message was...
>> Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

>I'm kind of worried that they are heading into Jap territory again,
>with everything rounded. The Mustang MUST have some angularity in the
>body.

Exactly, It's too ricer.

twk May 16th 12 12:37 AM

Is This Our 2015 Mustang?

In article >,
Ashton Crusher > wrote:

> On Tue, 15 May 2012 05:38:44 -0700 (PDT), RichA >
> wrote:
>
> >On May 14, 11:47*pm, twk > wrote:

> >> Like one of the comments on that page, I agree, that is one of the
> >> better looking renderings so far.
> >> It looks like a mustang, not like a camaro.
> >>
> >> I didn't check the jag. * /grin
> >>
> >> --
> >> For all you know this message was...
> >> Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

> >I'm kind of worried that they are heading into Jap territory again,
> >with everything rounded. The Mustang MUST have some angularity in the
> >body.

> Exactly, It's too ricer.

You both made me go back for a second look. It's still the best "guess"
the artist has come up with so far, but yeah It does have some ricer
qualities. I'm not liking it as much now. I also noticed the visibility
out the rear might suck on that latest rendering. I wouldn't want to
back into a parking space.

Where do these people that "render" pictures of new cars and such, get
their ideas from? This latest picture is based on what?

dwight[_5_] May 19th 12 02:54 PM

Is This Our 2015 Mustang?

"twk" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Ashton Crusher > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 May 2012 05:38:44 -0700 (PDT), RichA >
>> wrote:

>> >I'm kind of worried that they are heading into Jap territory again,
>> >with everything rounded. The Mustang MUST have some angularity in the
>> >body.

>> Exactly, It's too ricer.

> You both made me go back for a second look. It's still the best "guess"
> the artist has come up with so far, but yeah It does have some ricer
> qualities. I'm not liking it as much now. I also noticed the visibility
> out the rear might suck on that latest rendering. I wouldn't want to
> back into a parking space.
>
> Where do these people that "render" pictures of new cars and such, get
> their ideas from? This latest picture is based on what?
>
> --
> For all you know this message was...
> Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

It's in the name of the link - EVOS.

When I first saw the Jaguar commercial with the three cars "playing," I
thought the blue one looked very Mustang-like. Interesting that some see it
the other way 'round - that the Mustang now looks Jaguarish.

Personally, I like it. You can keep your angularity. Hell, if you like boxy
so much, I have a '93 GT 5.0 convertible that you can buy for cheap.

I know that some want the Mustang to always look like something out of the
late 60s. I keep looking to the future and think about what "could be" the
new Mustang. This rendering (while still a fantasy) is much more like it.

dwight