AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NVIDIA driver (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=344468)

Mel Fisk December 11th 09 02:48 AM

NVIDIA driver

I updated the NVIDIA driver to 195.62 on my GeForce 8800GT and it screwed up
my rFactor graphics big time. Anyone else experienced problems? I rolled
back to version 182.08 and all is restored as before

Boofhead[_2_] December 11th 09 05:39 AM

NVIDIA driver

No prodlems here. rFactor looks just the same.

9800GT on Win XP.

m...

APLer December 11th 09 11:31 PM

NVIDIA driver

"Mel Fisk" > wrote in
m:

> I updated the NVIDIA driver to 195.62 on my GeForce 8800GT and it
> screwed up my rFactor graphics big time. Anyone else experienced
> problems? I rolled back to version 182.08 and all is restored as
> before

First rule of computers: If it works, don't fix it. only superceded by:
if there's an update available online that your software says is
available *never* download it.

I've lost count of the number of updates I've heard about where someone
was informed by a startup entry that only fouled things up. anti-malware
data files aside.

Uwe December 12th 09 04:04 PM

NVIDIA driver

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 23:31:13 +0000 (UTC), APLer wrote:

> I've lost count of the number of updates I've heard about where someone
> was informed by a startup entry that only fouled things up. anti-malware
> data files aside.

I had to update the nv drivers in order to run NFS Shift, but as I'm
more or less done with that title (anybody care for a used copy?), I
may as well go back to an older version as I've been experiencing
texture corruptions in rF every once in a while too (usually during
league races, of course ;-)

uwe

PlowBoy[_3_] December 14th 09 02:58 PM

NVIDIA driver

that is nice... you don't have the same card, D'OH!

Boofhead[_2_] December 15th 09 10:47 AM

NVIDIA driver

He asked about the driver not the card. D'OH!

I just mentioned my card in case he asked.

Mel Fisk December 15th 09 02:29 PM

NVIDIA driver

After a little more research and info gained from rFactor Central forums, I
installed version 186.18. So far so good. Several others report troubles
with 190 and later drivers.

Uwe December 16th 09 11:45 AM

NVIDIA driver

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 06:29:08 -0800, Mel Fisk wrote:
> After a little more research and info gained from rFactor Central forums, I
> installed version 186.18. So far so good. Several others report troubles
> with 190 and later drivers.

I guess I'll dowgrade to that version, too. Did you run any utility
like nvcleaner or did you just re-install the 186.x series?

Uwe

PlowBoy[_3_] December 16th 09 03:38 PM

NVIDIA driver

boof!
I couldn't resist though. beer day ya know. it is all joking anyhow.

Mel Fisk December 17th 09 02:50 AM

NVIDIA driver

I had previously rolled back to 182.08 in device manager when I had the
problem. Then I just installed the 186 version