AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Paint chips in door jam area?? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2683)

Ralph August 8th 04 05:44 AM

Paint chips in door jam area??

I have a 96 lt4 in real nice condition. I try to keep it polished and
clean and in the garage.

While waxing it today, I noticed what looked like paint chips or rough
paint.
Looking at the driver side, open the door and look at the bottom of
the frame towards the back. ( not the door but on the car). I got all
upset and thought maybe some body work was done that I did not know
about. I checked out the other side and it had pretty much the same
thing.

Dont get me wrong it was about an inch of this rough paint/chip area.
On a black car, you definitely see the spots. \
Does anyone else have this and how best to protect the area?

Thanks.

X-Eliminator August 8th 04 02:40 PM

On 7 Aug 2004 21:44:45 -0700, (Ralph) wrote:

>I have a 96 lt4 in real nice condition. I try to keep it polished and
>clean and in the garage.
>
>While waxing it today, I noticed what looked like paint chips or rough
>paint.
>Looking at the driver side, open the door and look at the bottom of
>the frame towards the back. ( not the door but on the car). I got all
> upset and thought maybe some body work was done that I did not know
>about. I checked out the other side and it had pretty much the same
>thing.
>
>Dont get me wrong it was about an inch of this rough paint/chip area.
>On a black car, you definitely see the spots. \
>Does anyone else have this and how best to protect the area?
>
>Thanks.

If it's from contact with the door, then it has to be from door hinge
mis-alignment. The fix would be to have the door re-hung for proper
hinge alignment.

Steve G August 8th 04 08:17 PM

Is it possible the seat belt buckle has been closed in the door? Any
corresponding rub on the door?

om...