AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   lows beams don't work - high beams do (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=81948)

Ron January 6th 07 11:55 AM

lows beams don't work - high beams do

I own a '96 Dodge Ram Van. The low beams stopped working on both sides
but the high beams continue to work as normal. Is it a fuse, a relay,
or could both go out at the same time? Where do I start?

the fly January 6th 07 03:10 PM

On 6 Jan 2007 03:55:29 -0800, "Ron" > wrote:

>I own a '96 Dodge Ram Van. The low beams stopped working on both sides
>but the high beams continue to work as normal. Is it a fuse, a relay,
>or could both go out at the same time? Where do I start?

Get a test lamp or a voltmeter and see if power is applied to
the lamp connectors on the low-beam contact, when the switch is in the
low-beam position. If not, look for a burnt fuse.
And, yes, both CAN burn out at the same time. BTDT.

[email protected] January 15th 07 01:09 AM

lows beams don't work - high beams do

check fuse, and if they are ok, short the relay.