AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Damn turn signal on 98 Explorer stopped working... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=75038)

Northstar September 21st 06 08:09 PM

Damn turn signal on 98 Explorer stopped working...

....When I adjust the steering column to lower position.

I just found out how common this problem is and I'm planning on fixing the
problem myself. How hard is it to get to the wiring harness? Anyone out
there have a step by step instruction?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Tiberio September 22nd 06 04:03 AM

Damn turn signal on 98 Explorer stopped working...

"Northstar" > wrote in message
m...
> ...When I adjust the steering column to lower position.
>
> I just found out how common this problem is and I'm planning on fixing the
> problem myself. How hard is it to get to the wiring harness? Anyone out
> there have a step by step instruction?
>
> Thanks in advance.

That happened on my '98 Mountaineer, I left it with the dealer all day and
when I picked it up the service advisor brought me out to take a look at all
the wires they were dealing with so he could explain the time it was taking
to fix. It looked like a disaster but for all I know they threw a few extra
wires in there to make it look tough than it was.