AutoBanter

-   Car Show Photos (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   1957_Ford_Thunderbird_Blue_01.JPG 279419 bytes (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=372238)

Ron@newsguy July 19th 11 01:01 AM

1957_Ford_Thunderbird_Blue_01.JPG 279419 bytes

1 Attachment(s)

Willshak July 19th 11 03:51 PM

1957_Ford_Thunderbird_Blue_01.JPG 279419 bytes

Ron@newsguy wrote the following:

(57 Tbird clipped)

I had a 57 Ford ragtop, but I've often wondered about the 55-57 Tbird
top. Would it fit in the trunk, and if so, was there room for anything
else, perhaps under the top?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Leroy Curtis July 19th 11 04:46 PM

1957_Ford_Thunderbird_Blue_01.JPG 279419 bytes

In article > , willshak
> writes
>Ron@newsguy wrote the following:
>
>(57 Tbird clipped)
>
>I had a 57 Ford ragtop, but I've often wondered about the 55-57 Tbird
>top. Would it fit in the trunk, and if so, was there room for anything
>else, perhaps under the top?

This type of detachable hardtop was simply one that you would store in
your garage during the warmer months, and use the soft top if it rained.
When winter returned, you put your soft top down and stowed it in the
normal way, and bolted your hard top back in place. It used the same
attachment points as the soft top. So the boot size was un-affected by
which top you used.
--
Regards

Leroy Curtis

Please replace "nospam" with "baram" in my address if you wish to
reply by Email