AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hello I'm a newbie (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=330452)

Kathie June 11th 09 05:13 PM

Hello I'm a newbie

Hi All,

I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm a new Miata owner. I
absolutly love this car. It's a 1990 MX5 white. Mechanically this
car is sound! She has some cosmetic flaws, but little by little I
want to get it looking new. The panel where the trunk lock is broken
so I'll need to replace that, and the front fenders on both sides are
a little crinkled. Not that bad, but it's my goal to restore her to
looking new. I hope to learn about my car from talking with other
Miata owners and this group.

Kathie

Lanny Chambers June 11th 09 05:44 PM

Hello I'm a newbie

In article
Kathie > wrote:

> I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm a new Miata owner. I
> absolutly love this car.

Welcome to the club, Kathie. One other place you'll want to visit:
http://www.miata.net

The Garage section has tons of helpful info on maintaining and repairing
your car. It's the best car-specific site on the entire Internet.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO

Kathie June 11th 09 06:13 PM

Hello I'm a newbie

On Jun 11, 9:44*am, Lanny Chambers > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *Kathie > wrote:
> > I wanted to introduce myself to the group. *I'm a new Miata owner. *I
> > absolutly love this car.

> Welcome to the club, Kathie. One other place you'll want to visit:http://www.miata.net
>
> The Garage section has tons of helpful info on maintaining and repairing
> your car. It's the best car-specific site on the entire Internet.
>
> --
> Lanny Chambers
> St. Louis, MO
> '94C

Thanks Lanny, I'll check it out!

Carbon June 13th 09 01:34 AM

Hello I'm a newbie

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:13:41 -0700, Kathie wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm a new Miata owner. I
> absolutly love this car. It's a 1990 MX5 white. Mechanically this
> car is sound! She has some cosmetic flaws, but little by little I
> want to get it looking new. The panel where the trunk lock is broken
> so I'll need to replace that, and the front fenders on both sides are
> a little crinkled. Not that bad, but it's my goal to restore her to
> looking new. I hope to learn about my car from talking with other
> Miata owners and this group.

Hi Kathie! Welcome to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata. I've had my Miata
for about three years now, but I had wanted one from pretty much the day
they came out. There are lots of knowledgeable folks that hang out here.
Feel free to ask if you ever have any questions. I'm sure someone here
will know what's going on.

I second the recommendation for miata.net. Pretty much anything you'd
ever want to do on a miata has already been done and written up there.

Chris D'Agnolo[_2_] June 13th 09 03:46 AM

Hello I'm a newbie

Hey Kathie! Congrats on the Miata, that's a great looking Miata. Hey, I
think there's a European style 'rear finish panel' just posted today at
miata.net. Go to 'classifieds' then up near the top of the page you'll see
'latest ads'. This is the link;

http://www.miata.net/cgi-bin/isc/cla...evaction=today

Have fun Kathie and don't be afraid to ask questions. Some people get
offended when they are referred to miata.net (gosh what is this newsgroup
for!?) but certain (many) topics have been discussed completely many times
here and there and 'there' offers quick / easy research.

What part of the world are you joining us from?

Chris
99BBB