AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Today's hint; (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=373044)

Mr. K[_2_] March 2nd 12 07:27 PM

Today's hint;

well, installing an engine in a '71 Van went pretty well, but I forgot
to thread the accelerator cable as it went in.
So, being claustrophobic , I found a long tube the same dimensions as
the original throttle tube. Push that thru inches longer and it was a
lot easier to find down under.
Hope that helps someone.
--
Karma, What a concept!

DogDiesel March 5th 12 03:54 AM

Today's hint;

"Mr. K" > wrote in message
> well, installing an engine in a '71 Van went pretty well, but I forgot
> to thread the accelerator cable as it went in.
> So, being claustrophobic , I found a long tube the same dimensions as
> the original throttle tube. Push that thru inches longer and it was a
> lot easier to find down under.
> Hope that helps someone.
> --
> Karma, What a concept!

hmmmmm. let us know if it works.

Mr. K[_2_] March 6th 12 04:42 AM

Today's hint;

In article >,
"DogDiesel" > wrote:

> "Mr. K" > wrote in message
> > well, installing an engine in a '71 Van went pretty well, but I forgot
> > to thread the accelerator cable as it went in.
> > So, being claustrophobic , I found a long tube the same dimensions as
> > the original throttle tube. Push that thru inches longer and it was a
> > lot easier to find down under.
> > Hope that helps someone.
> > --
> > Karma, What a concept!

> hmmmmm. let us know if it works.

It worked beautifully. The funniest part was after f*(king with this for
an hour , I gave up till the next day, walked in to 'find" this tube in
the ferch pile. I don't remember even where it came from. God?
--
Karma, What a concept!