AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=199278)

Barnhart Pinball September 19th 07 03:37 AM

1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know?

I'm picking up a 1-piece side window kit (CIP1.com, Bugpack manufactured)
and installing it into my daughter's 72 Super...anything I should know
before I start taking the doors apart? It talks about using regulators from
a 65-68, but I didn't think that applied to the later models...

Thanks for any advice...

--
Looking for TriZone, Firepower & Sharpshooter backglasses in good shape.

Joey Tribiani September 19th 07 03:50 AM

1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know?

"Barnhart Pinball" > wrote in message
. ..
> I'm picking up a 1-piece side window kit (CIP1.com, Bugpack manufactured)
> and installing it into my daughter's 72 Super...anything I should know
> before I start taking the doors apart? It talks about using regulators
> from
> a 65-68, but I didn't think that applied to the later models...
>
> Thanks for any advice...

most "advice" you will get is "don't do it".

Michael Cecil September 19th 07 04:01 AM

1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know?

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 02:37:29 -0000, Barnhart Pinball
> wrote:

>I'm picking up a 1-piece side window kit (CIP1.com, Bugpack manufactured)
>and installing it into my daughter's 72 Super...anything I should know
>before I start taking the doors apart? It talks about using regulators from
>a 65-68, but I didn't think that applied to the later models...
>
>Thanks for any advice...

Don't you have to do some cutting to the door that makes it difficult to
restore to it's correct configuration, once you come to your senses?
--
Michael Cecil
http://macecil.googlepages.com/index.htm

[email protected][_1_] September 19th 07 05:01 AM

1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know?

> I'm picking up a 1-piece side window kit (CIP1.com, Bugpack manufactured)
> and installing it into my daughter's 72 Super...anything I should know
> before I start taking the doors apart? It talks about using regulators from
> a 65-68, but I didn't think that applied to the later models...

Good luck getting it to fit. You'd be ahead to stick with the stock
door setup in my opinion.

Chris

Jan September 19th 07 11:50 AM

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Barnhart Pinball" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>I'm picking up a 1-piece side window kit (CIP1.com, Bugpack manufactured)
>>and installing it into my daughter's 72 Super...anything I should know
>>before I start taking the doors apart? It talks about using regulators
>>from
>>a 65-68, but I didn't think that applied to the later models...
>>
>>Thanks for any advice...

> most "advice" you will get is "don't do it".

Don't do it.

Jan

Tricky September 19th 07 03:04 PM

Barnhart Pinball wrote:
> I'm picking up a 1-piece side window kit (CIP1.com, Bugpack manufactured)
> and installing it into my daughter's 72 Super...anything I should know
> before I start taking the doors apart? It talks about using regulators from
> a 65-68, but I didn't think that applied to the later models...
>
> Thanks for any advice...

LOL !

Neil - Usenet September 19th 07 06:02 PM

1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know?

"Barnhart Pinball" > wrote in message
. ..
> I'm picking up a 1-piece side window kit (CIP1.com, Bugpack manufactured)
> and installing it into my daughter's 72 Super...anything I should know
> before I start taking the doors apart? It talks about using regulators
> from
> a 65-68, but I didn't think that applied to the later models...
>
> Thanks for any advice...
>
> --
> Looking for TriZone, Firepower & Sharpshooter backglasses in good shape.

dont, your door will bow and split

Barnhart Pinball September 20th 07 03:40 AM

1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know?

Barnhart Pinball > wrote in
:

Ok, I have cancelled my order for this item. I found nothing good about it,
and it sound like no one here has either.

So now we search for a good price on weatherstripping for the doors... :P

--
Looking for TriZone, Firepower & Sharpshooter backglasses in good shape.

Al Adams September 20th 07 11:22 AM

1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know?

Given the amount of time and effort it takes to replace the window scrapers,
don't be tempted to order the less expensive Brazilian rubber: the German
stuff is much better. You could make the same generalization about most of
the rubber weatherstripping on the VW.

Al Adams

A Veteran September 21st 07 07:18 PM

1 piece side window kit for Bugs, any issues I should know?

In article >,
Jan > wrote:

> Joey Tribiani wrote:
> > "Barnhart Pinball" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >
> >>I'm picking up a 1-piece side window kit (CIP1.com, Bugpack manufactured)
> >>and installing it into my daughter's 72 Super...anything I should know
> >>before I start taking the doors apart? It talks about using regulators
> >>from
> >>a 65-68, but I didn't think that applied to the later models...
> >>
> >>Thanks for any advice...

> > most "advice" you will get is "don't do it".
> >

> Don't do it.
>
> Jan

don't even think about doin' it.

--
when you believe the only tool you have is a hammer.
All problems look like nails.