AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2013 Corolla instrument cluster (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=451208)

The Real Bev[_5_] May 22nd 21 07:52 PM

2013 Corolla instrument cluster

It only lights up when I have the headlights on, which is annoying. Is
this normal or is something broken? One of the little knobs adjusts the
brightness, but only with the headlights on.

--
Cheers, Bev
It's not the speed that kills, it's the stopping.

Wade Garrett May 22nd 21 11:03 PM

On 5/22/21 2:52 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> It only lights up when I have the headlights on, which is annoying.* Is
> this normal or is something broken?* One of the little knobs adjusts the
> brightness, but only with the headlights on.

Sounds like normal function in a car of that age. They should also come
on with the parking lights.

The Real Bev[_5_] May 23rd 21 07:02 AM

On 05/22/2021 03:03 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
> On 5/22/21 2:52 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> It only lights up when I have the headlights on, which is annoying. Is
>> this normal or is something broken? One of the little knobs adjusts the
>> brightness, but only with the headlights on.
>>

> Sounds like normal function in a car of that age. They should also come
> on with the parking lights.

That age? Older cars (92 Acura, for instance) have instrument lights
that are on whenever the key is in an ON position!

--
Cheers, Bev
You are more likely to catch swine flu from a

Wade Garrett May 24th 21 02:35 PM

On 5/23/21 2:02 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 05/22/2021 03:03 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
>> On 5/22/21 2:52 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>> It only lights up when I have the headlights on, which is annoying.* Is
>>> this normal or is something broken?* One of the little knobs adjusts the
>>> brightness, but only with the headlights on.
>>>

>> Sounds like normal function in a car of that age. They should also come
>> on with the parking lights.

> That age?* Older cars (92 Acura, for instance) have instrument lights
> that are on whenever the key is in an ON position!

Sorry, you're right and I apologize. I don't know what I was thinking
when I posted!

The Real Bev[_5_] May 24th 21 04:06 PM

On 05/24/2021 06:35 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
> On 5/23/21 2:02 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>>
>>> Sounds like normal function in a car of that age. They should also come
>>> on with the parking lights.

>> That age? Older cars (92 Acura, for instance) have instrument lights
>> that are on whenever the key is in an ON position!
>>

> Sorry, you're right and I apologize. I don't know what I was thinking
> when I posted!

I call those brain farts. Sometimes I have to actually leave the house
for a while...

--
Cheers, Bev
Linux: The penguin is mightier than the sword