AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   lw300 exhaust (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=354606)

Oppie[_7_] June 3rd 10 01:48 AM

lw300 exhaust

Exhaust was starting to get loud on my '01 LW300. Not surprising at 150K
miles. Found a failed flex coupler between the Y pipe and upstream muffler.
Friend at a local shop cut out the coupler and welded in a new one. There's
still a minor leak, probably a pinhole in the weld. Will let it run in a bit
and leave some deposits where the leak is. can't find it right now. Only
hear a whistle on heavy acceleration.
Good news is that I got charged one hour labor @ $95 and his cost of $45 for
the joint.

I am an electronics guy and have repaired tools and consulted on stuff for
the repair shop. In return I get repairs at cost.