AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   2003 A4 1.8T avant quattro: to hitch or not to hitch: that is the question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=368720)

AD[_2_] March 29th 11 10:41 AM

2003 A4 1.8T avant quattro: to hitch or not to hitch: that is the question

Hi there,
I have specifically shyed away from A6 2.7T and sport package on A4 to
have some
meaningful road clearance to navigate snowpiles around here.

Now I read this tread:
http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2790428

and I've got to ask: how much do I give up with a hitch?

I was planning to attach a bike rack to A4 but now considering to use
my beater for the task.

Also, this:
http://www.autoanything.com/towing/73A3874A0A0.aspx
allows to select the curt hitch for sedan trim only. Does 2003
wago,er,avant has
a different subframe than 2003 sedan?

Haven't seen a hitched A4 around he euro style or US so any input
is welcome.