AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   AC question.. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21158)

vince garcia November 9th 04 11:00 PM

AC question..

Hey, if anyone can help with this...

I just picked up a Sanden SD-5 compressor still in box and I'm trying to
find what applications it is right for. A hunt on the internet didn't
turn up much though a check of the Sanden site says that the
sd-5h14 is the r134 successor to the r12 sd-5 series pumps...

So i'm thinking this is an r12 compressor???

Anyone got any info on what this thing works on and whether there is a
conversion kit to replace a York with it? thanx!

vince garcia November 10th 04 07:42 PM

AZGuy wrote:

> One of the main differences in the compressors (r12 v 134a) may be
> nothing more then slightly better seals and a 134a compatible oil
> charge if it's "wet". Other then making sure it has the right oil for
> the freon used I don't think I'd worry about it.
>
> On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:00:54 GMT, vince garcia
> > wrote:
>
> >Hey, if anyone can help with this...
> >
> >I just picked up a Sanden SD-5 compressor still in box and I'm trying to
> >find what applications it is right for. A hunt on the internet didn't
> >turn up much though a check of the Sanden site says that the
> >sd-5h14 is the r134 successor to the r12 sd-5 series pumps...
> >
> >So i'm thinking this is an r12 compressor???
> >
> >Anyone got any info on what this thing works on and whether there is a
> >conversion kit to replace a York with it? thanx!

> --
> Jim
> '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven)
> '89 LX 5.0 vert
> '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver
> Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side,
> shortened throttle cable, PIAA Driving lights.

yeah since it's new i guess it can be made to use either, but I have
some r 12 around and my hoses are already used to r12 so i'll probably
stick with that if i keep the thing