AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ###TIMING BELT CONSPIRACY THEORY### (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=401455)

[email protected] May 17th 14 12:51 AM

###TIMING BELT CONSPIRACY THEORY###

Celica with timing belt? 22re? I don't think so, maybe the guides broke for the timing CHAIN which may have caused enough wear for the CHAIN to break, but there is no belt in that motor

Sanity Clause May 17th 14 06:52 PM

###TIMING BELT CONSPIRACY THEORY###

> wrote:

> Celica with timing belt? 22re? I don't think so, maybe the guides broke
> for the timing CHAIN which may have caused enough wear for the CHAIN
> to break, but there is no belt in that motor

Did you even read his post?

> > My 86 Celica (mentioned in _86 Celica ST_) broke its belt at 70k miles.

1986 <<<<<
4th generation.
Front wheel drive.
Available engines:
1.6 L I4 4A-GE
1.8 L I4 1S-iLU
1.8 L I4 4S-Fi
2.0 L I4 2S-ELC <<<<< Celica ST. Guess what? BELT!
2.0 L I4 2S-FE
2.0 L I4 3S-FE
2.0 L I4 3S-GE
2.0 L I4 3S-GTE turbo