AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   2000 Neon (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=143914)

JohnP[_2_] April 13th 07 02:39 PM

2000 Neon

When i come to a stop my idle has been dropping down to around 500-550
rpm (lower than it used to be)..every once in a while it almost
dies...now if i barely tape the throttle the idle returns to what i
call normal 700-800 rpm.....I am leaning toward the IAC but want to do
a thorough troubleshoot,I have the factory service manual but i cannot
find any troubleshooting section for the fuel sys.
Can the IAC be cleaned?....any help would be appreciated, jp

John S. April 13th 07 02:54 PM

2000 Neon

On Apr 13, 9:39 am, "JohnP" > wrote:
> When i come to a stop my idle has been dropping down to around 500-550
> rpm (lower than it used to be)..every once in a while it almost
> dies...now if i barely tape the throttle the idle returns to what i
> call normal 700-800 rpm.....I am leaning toward the IAC but want to do
> a thorough troubleshoot,I have the factory service manual but i cannot
> find any troubleshooting section for the fuel sys.
> Can the IAC be cleaned?....any help would be appreciated, jp

Not at alll familiar with the Neon, but could it be a dirty throttle
body?

Mike April 13th 07 03:06 PM

2000 Neon

"JohnP" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> When i come to a stop my idle has been dropping down to around 500-550
> rpm (lower than it used to be)..every once in a while it almost
> dies...now if i barely tape the throttle the idle returns to what i
> call normal 700-800 rpm.....I am leaning toward the IAC but want to do
> a thorough troubleshoot,I have the factory service manual but i cannot
> find any troubleshooting section for the fuel sys.
> Can the IAC be cleaned?....any help would be appreciated, jp

Try cleaning the throttle body first.

JohnP[_2_] April 13th 07 03:18 PM

2000 Neon

> Try cleaning the throttle body first.

Thanks for info......I will clean TB,....if problem still
persists,what would you recommend?

Mike April 13th 07 05:27 PM

2000 Neon

"JohnP" > wrote in message
ups.com...

>> Try cleaning the throttle body first.

> Thanks for info......I will clean TB,....if problem still
> persists,what would you recommend?

Proper diagnosis to determine exactly what the problem.

JohnP[_2_] April 15th 07 03:00 PM

2000 Neon

On Apr 13, 11:27 am, "Mike" > wrote:
> "JohnP" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> >> Try cleaning the throttle body first.

> > Thanks for info......I will clean TB,....if problem still
> > persists,what would you recommend?

> Proper diagnosis to determine exactly what the problem.

Cleaned,Throttlebody and IAC,idling good now......thx for help,jp