AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mobil Drive Clean Oil 5W-20 Accord 04 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=10934)

[email protected] September 24th 04 02:04 AM

Mobil Drive Clean Oil 5W-20 Accord 04

Does anyone have experience with Mobil Drive Clean Oil 5W-20; I found
a link at mobil1 web side, any idea where I can get it. I believe it
is synthetic, right?

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...Clean_Oils.asp

On other hand I found article regarding voiding warranty if improper
oil is used, rather not recommended one. Any thoughts

http://www.performanceoiltechnology.com/ford5w20.htm

Thanks a lot
td

Curtis Newton September 24th 04 03:26 AM

On 23 Sep 2004 18:04:28 -0700,
) wrote:

>Does anyone have experience with Mobil Drive Clean Oil 5W-20; I found
>a link at mobil1 web side, any idea where I can get it. I believe it
>is synthetic, right?

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...Clean_Oils.asp

>On other hand I found article regarding voiding warranty if improper
>oil is used, rather not recommended one. Any thoughts
>
>http://www.performanceoiltechnology.com/ford5w20.htm

The Mobil drive clean you referenced is not a synthetic blend.

If you want a good oil that is a blend, go with Motorcraft 5W20. The
used oil analyses on this oil have been outstanding
(http://www.bobistheoilguy.com)

-
--

Anti-Spam filter in place--
<delete .remove-this to respond to email>

John Horner September 24th 04 05:56 AM

> wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone have experience with Mobil Drive Clean Oil 5W-20; I found
> a link at mobil1 web side, any idea where I can get it. I believe it
> is synthetic, right?
>
> http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...Clean_Oils.asp
>
> On other hand I found article regarding voiding warranty if improper
> oil is used, rather not recommended one. Any thoughts

Mobil is the supplier of Honda USA service oils, but many dealers use
something else.

Mobil Drive Clean 5W-20 appears to also be marketed as Exxon Superflo 5W-20
(remember the corporation is ExxonMobil now).

Here is a link to a Honda UOA with the Exxon 5W-20 where the user had
exceptionally good results:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/...c;f=3;t=001618

John