AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   GIULIETTA (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=364596)

Ivan[_3_] December 17th 10 07:26 PM

GIULIETTA

Passing Mangoletsi's on Monday...
Popped in to look at a G in the flesh...Never seen one on the road??
Had a test drive in the Veloce 1.4 MA and then in the Cloverleaf...

Guess what I pick up on Monday afternoon?!

--
Ivan.
GIULIETTA, 1.75 TBi QV

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5711 (20101217) __________

http://www.eset.com

Catman December 17th 10 08:33 PM

GIULIETTA

On 17/12/2010 19:26, Ivan wrote:
> Passing Mangoletsi's on Monday...
> Popped in to look at a G in the flesh...Never seen one on the road??
> Had a test drive in the Veloce 1.4 MA and then in the Cloverleaf...
>
> Guess what I pick up on Monday afternoon?!

Nice!

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Dave Savage[_3_] December 18th 10 08:08 AM

GIULIETTA

"Ivan" > wrote in message
> Passing Mangoletsi's on Monday...
> Popped in to look at a G in the flesh...Never seen one on the road??
> Had a test drive in the Veloce 1.4 MA and then in the Cloverleaf...
>
> Guess what I pick up on Monday afternoon?!

33 QV series 1

Excellent - lovely looking car !

Dave S.... :>)) (156 2.0 SP2 '98)

Catman December 18th 10 12:22 PM

GIULIETTA

On 18/12/2010 08:08, Dave Savage wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Passing Mangoletsi's on Monday...
>> Popped in to look at a G in the flesh...Never seen one on the road??
>> Had a test drive in the Veloce 1.4 MA and then in the Cloverleaf...
>>
>> Guess what I pick up on Monday afternoon?!
>>

> 33 QV series 1
>>

> Excellent - lovely looking car !

Everyone's a comedian :)

SteveH[_2_] December 18th 10 12:56 PM

GIULIETTA

Ivan > wrote:

> Passing Mangoletsi's on Monday...
> Popped in to look at a G in the flesh...Never seen one on the road??
> Had a test drive in the Veloce 1.4 MA and then in the Cloverleaf...
>
> Guess what I pick up on Monday afternoon?!

Very nice.

Any reason for choosing the QV? - I looked at specs. and decided the
1.4TB would be more than good enough for me.
--
SteveH

Ivan[_3_] December 18th 10 01:41 PM

GIULIETTA

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..
> Ivan > wrote:
>
>> Passing Mangoletsi's on Monday...
>> Popped in to look at a G in the flesh...Never seen one on the road??
>> Had a test drive in the Veloce 1.4 MA and then in the Cloverleaf...
>>
>> Guess what I pick up on Monday afternoon?!

> Very nice.
>
> Any reason for choosing the QV? - I looked at specs. and decided the
> 1.4TB would be more than good enough for me.

I was really impressed with the 1.4, especially when in Dynamic mode; it's
plenty quick, and had I not had the chance to drive the QV I would have had
a 1.4 MA Veloce sat on the drive!

What sold the QV to me was the *noise*. It reminded me of my old 145 QV
engine. The next best thing to the Arese V6 IMO!

The looks of the car are a bit subjective, but like most things, it looks a
lot better in the flesh. I remember feeling the same about the 156 when that
first came out.

Lets hope the snow holds off on Monday so I can put it through its paces!
--
Ivan.
Giulietta QV

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5713 (20101218) __________

http://www.eset.com

Ivan[_3_] December 18th 10 01:43 PM

GIULIETTA

"Catman" > wrote in message
> On 18/12/2010 08:08, Dave Savage wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> Passing Mangoletsi's on Monday...
>>> Popped in to look at a G in the flesh...Never seen one on the road??
>>> Had a test drive in the Veloce 1.4 MA and then in the Cloverleaf...
>>>
>>> Guess what I pick up on Monday afternoon?!
>>>

>> 33 QV series 1
>>>

>> Excellent - lovely looking car !
>>

> Everyone's a comedian :)

Oi!

I know what you mean though.. The do look better in real life, even more so
the interior!

Catman December 18th 10 05:49 PM

GIULIETTA

On 18/12/2010 13:43, Ivan wrote:
> > wrote in message

>>> 33 QV series 1
>>>>

>>> Excellent - lovely looking car !
>>>

>> Everyone's a comedian :)
>>

> Oi!

Erm. Either Ive been whooshed or you have.

Dave's guess was of one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNnhFpSoVHU

> I know what you mean though.. The do look better in real life, even more so
> the interior!

I think the new Giulietta is lovely IRL.

Dave Savage[_3_] December 19th 10 10:44 AM

GIULIETTA

"Catman" > wrote in message
> On 18/12/2010 08:08, Dave Savage wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> Passing Mangoletsi's on Monday...
>>> Popped in to look at a G in the flesh...Never seen one on the road??
>>> Had a test drive in the Veloce 1.4 MA and then in the Cloverleaf...
>>>
>>> Guess what I pick up on Monday afternoon?!
>>>

>> 33 QV series 1
>>>

>> Excellent - lovely looking car !
>>

> Everyone's a comedian :)
>

> --
> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
> #www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

No - I meant the Giulietta (with apologies for incompetent "snipping", but
what can you expect that early in the day).

Dave S..... :>(( (now getting severely bored with being snowed in).

Dave Savage[_3_] December 19th 10 10:45 AM

GIULIETTA

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..
> Ivan > wrote:
>
>> Passing Mangoletsi's on Monday...
>> Popped in to look at a G in the flesh...Never seen one on the road??
>> Had a test drive in the Veloce 1.4 MA and then in the Cloverleaf...
>>
>> Guess what I pick up on Monday afternoon?!

> Very nice.
>
> Any reason for choosing the QV? - I looked at specs. and decided the
> 1.4TB would be more than good enough for me.
> --
> SteveH

Scuse me - what's a QV (the Alfa Romeo web site loads so slowly that I gave
trying to find the answer there) ??