AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Which is better transmission -- C-4 or FMX? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=442649)

[email protected] August 9th 19 03:54 PM

Which is better transmission -- C-4 or FMX?

nope c4 are cookies ive got a worked 351 cleveland i did one good minute burnout and the tyres and gear box were toast i got an FMX installed instead the mechanic who installed it said i can garuntee this one,c4 i could kill in 30 min i said what's the good thing about the transmission he said its very strong, im from new zealand quite lucky to have an FMX apparently

[email protected] December 20th 19 10:55 PM

Which is better transmission -- C-4 or FMX?

Hey, im in New Zealand also, apparently the fmx is relatively rare over here. I had a fmx bolted up to a heavily worked 302c in my xb. Ran it for years before going to a manual box. The car was always driven as of it was competing in a targa stage and never had a issue with the fmx. From memory i think it pulled about 80 or 90kph in first stage, lit the rear tyres up when changing into 2nd and just kept pulling. I am actually considering putting it back in cause it was so nice. Have been offered $1500 upwards to sell it but i wont let it go