AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   WHICH is the speedometer fuse?? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=24280)

SaturnVueProject February 14th 05 09:07 PM

WHICH is the speedometer fuse??

Help!

My dad and I are rebuilding a insurance loss 2005 Saturn Vue (SUV) with 6
cyl front wheel drive.

Does anyoen know which is the speedometer fuse??

Thanks.

jay

marx404 February 17th 05 01:38 AM

If you have the owners manual, you can pull the side panels from the
passenger floor side of the center console. The fuses are labeled on the
inside of the cover and you can decipher the number in the manual. The other
fuses are under the hood in the black fuse box, same procedure.

marx404

SaturnVueProject February 18th 05 04:49 AM

Thanks marx404 ... but there is no owners manual ... and the 2 fuse box
covers do NOT list a
speedometr fuse. We think its linked to something else .. but dont know
what else.

Does anyone know WHICH fuse controls the speedometer on a 2005 Saturn Vue,
6cyl, front wheel drive?

Thanks.

blah blah February 18th 05 05:21 AM

In article <391819ac0094179b93c61836051e4256
@localhost.talkaboutautos.com>, says...
> Thanks marx404 ... but there is no owners manual ... and the 2 fuse box
> covers do NOT list a
> speedometr fuse. We think its linked to something else .. but dont know
> what else.
>
> Does anyone know WHICH fuse controls the speedometer on a 2005 Saturn Vue,
> 6cyl, front wheel drive?
>
> Thanks.

No such thing exists! Not sure why no ones caught this yet... If your
speedometer is inoperative then you need to take it to the dealer to be
fixed. Shouldnt cost you a dime!

SaturnVueProject February 19th 05 08:20 AM

Were rebuilding an insurance salvage.
Would appreciate any spedometer-fuse assistance.
Thanks.

Napalm Heart February 19th 05 01:37 PM

"SaturnVueProject" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Were rebuilding an insurance salvage.
> Would appreciate any spedometer-fuse assistance.
> Thanks.

A Google group search of "Saturn Speedometer Fuse" leads me to
believe that you should look for a dashboard fuse.

">I have a '94SL2....anyone know how to
>disconnect the speedometer??

Yes. But you shall be warned that it is not only illegal to drive on
public roads without an operating speedometer, it is also fraud to
obtain services or money with falsified odometer readings.

That said, if you're race preping your saturn (and don't intend to
drive on public roads again or sell or obtain warranty service for the
car as unmodified vehicle) then simply disconnect the fuse for the
dashboard. You don't need any of the instruments on the dash (such as
fuel gage etc.) so why leave it plugged in?"

regards,
WL

Look for the message by "Wilf Lee."

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...0a28e1112f4969

Ken

blah blah February 19th 05 05:39 PM

In article
outautos.com>,
says...
> Were rebuilding an insurance salvage.
> Would appreciate any spedometer-fuse assistance.
> Thanks.

Buy a book, look at schematics, notice there is no such fuse.

Heres a sample of whats found in a book.
---------------------------------
Speedometer

The instrument panel cluster (IPC) displays the vehicle speed based on
the information from the body control module (BCM). The engine control
module (ECM) calculates the vehicle speed based on the controlled area
network (CAN) serial data message indicating the wheel reference speed
from the electronic brake control module (EBCM). The ECM sends a CAN
serial data message to the BCM indicating the vehicle speed. The BCM
sends a class 2 message to the IPC indicating the vehicle speed.

The speedometer defaults to 0 km/h (0 mph) when any of the following
occur:

* The EBCM detects a malfunction in the vehicle speed sensor
circuit.
* The ECM detects a loss of CAN communications with the EBCM.
* The BCM detects a loss of CAN communications with the ECM.
* The IPC detects a loss of class 2 communications with the BCM.
---------------------------------

You do NOT need a fuse for serial data. As I said before, no such thing
exists.

SaturnVueProject February 21st 05 06:54 PM

Mystery solved!
Thank you, Blah Blah.

Larry[_27_] April 5th 16 09:17 PM

WHICH is the speedometer fuse??

replying to SaturnVueProject, Larry wrote:
Dodgeram1500 speedometerfuse

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/saturn/wh...use-10274-.htm