AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PING Gary.. TCC question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21748)

Bret Chase January 21st 05 12:08 AM

PING Gary.. TCC question

'88 K2500, 700-r4. Is it normal for the tcc to disengage at zero
throttle? my truck does it and it drives me nuts esp. if I am
following someone, the TCC unlocks when I let off the gas and locks
back up when I press on the gas. it's done this for at least as long
as this trans has been in the truck (2 years now, I think) but it's
really really starting to annoy the hell out of me.

TIA,
Bret

Peter D. Hipson January 21st 05 07:04 PM

Yes, at least for some of the other trannies from GM... Keeps the
engine from excessively braking the vehicle (an economy trick,
actually)