AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   fox steering problem... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=385062)

jim stewart June 4th 13 05:26 PM

fox steering problem...

'92 4cyl lx rag joint is falling apart...what is the easiest way to replace?
....in UK

jim stewart June 4th 13 05:36 PM

fox steering problem...

"jim stewart" > wrote in message
> '92 4cyl lx rag joint is falling apart...what is the easiest way to
> replace? ...in UK

is this what I want ? .......

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...haft-Rag-Joint

Ashton Crusher[_2_] June 5th 13 12:57 AM

fox steering problem...

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:36:04 +0100, "jim stewart"
> wrote:

>"jim stewart" > wrote in message
>> '92 4cyl lx rag joint is falling apart...what is the easiest way to
>> replace? ...in UK
>>

>is this what I want ? .......
>
>http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...haft-Rag-Joint

maybe. I bought a similar kit for my 69 firebird and there was no way
to make it work when I compared it to the old one. Also, you need to
be able to remove the rivets on the old one.

jim stewart June 11th 13 11:02 AM

fox steering problem...

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:36:04 +0100, "jim stewart"
> > wrote:
>

>>"jim stewart" > wrote in message
>>> '92 4cyl lx rag joint is falling apart...what is the easiest way to
>>> replace? ...in UK
>>>

>>is this what I want ? .......
>>
>>http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...haft-Rag-Joint
>>

> maybe. I bought a similar kit for my 69 firebird and there was no way
> to make it work when I compared it to the old one. Also, you need to
> be able to remove the rivets on the old one.

got the rivets out and repair kit arrived this morning....should be a
doddle......

jim stewart June 11th 13 04:16 PM

fox steering problem...

"jim stewart" > wrote in message

> "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:36:04 +0100, "jim stewart"
>> > wrote:

>>>is this what I want ? .......
>>>
>>>http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...haft-Rag-Joint
>>>

>> maybe. I bought a similar kit for my 69 firebird and there was no way
>> to make it work when I compared it to the old one. Also, you need to
>> be able to remove the rivets on the old one.
>>

> got the rivets out and repair kit arrived this morning....should be a
> doddle......

fitted....

jimbo... June 13th 13 08:05 PM

fox steering problem...

"jim stewart" wrote in message ...

"jim stewart" > wrote in message

> "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:36:04 +0100, "jim stewart"
>> > wrote:

>>>is this what I want ? .......
>>>
>>>http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...haft-Rag-Joint
>>>

>> maybe. I bought a similar kit for my 69 firebird and there was no way
>> to make it work when I compared it to the old one. Also, you need to
>> be able to remove the rivets on the old one.
>>

> got the rivets out and repair kit arrived this morning....should be a
> doddle......
>

>fitted....

Mmmmm.......no play any longer.....nice

twk June 14th 13 04:58 AM

fox steering problem...

In article >,
"jimbo..." > wrote:

> "jim stewart" wrote in message ...
>

> "jim stewart" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> >> On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:36:04 +0100, "jim stewart"

> >> maybe. I bought a similar kit for my 69 firebird and there was no way
> >> to make it work when I compared it to the old one. Also, you need to
> >> be able to remove the rivets on the old one.
> >>

> > got the rivets out and repair kit arrived this morning....should be a
> > doddle......
> >

> >fitted....

> Mmmmm.......no play any longer.....nice

Congrats! Many years ago I might have tackled a problem like that, but
I'm loosing ambition. That, and I have only one car at this time.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.