AutoBanter

-   Antique cars (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Auto-Lite starters. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=6950)

George R. July 19th 03 10:06 AM

Auto-Lite starters.

I am experiencing fun and games with a Cord starter motor. The "Bible"
- Motor's Auto Repair Manual - lists the the correct starter for this
car to be an Auto-Lite # MAX-4021. However there is a stamped number
on the outside of the armature MAW-3xxx. Does this perhaps mean the
armature is not correct for this starter ? The brush configuration as
shown in the manual is correct (MAX). My problem is that the motor
doesn't appear to be developing sufficient torque.
Any words of wisdom would be welcomed.
George R.