AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Racing Legends - PPU compatibility? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=31542)

eppy May 1st 05 10:03 PM

Racing Legends - PPU compatibility?

Hi,

Unfortunatly, there isn't too much discussion in other forums about the
progress in Racing Legends. Does anyone know if the developers have taken
advantage of the delay in their work by utilising new technologies such as
hardware Physics Processing Units? This would surely aid their goal of a
truly component based physics model for their cars?

Cheers,
Tim

Andi Cole May 1st 05 10:09 PM

Roflol

--
Andi.

Remove only one zero to reply

. uk...

Andi Cole May 1st 05 10:16 PM

Oh, Sorry 1st of May, not April!

Alan Bernardo May 2nd 05 01:26 AM

"eppy" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunatly, there isn't too much discussion in other forums about the
> progress in Racing Legends. Does anyone know if the developers have taken
> advantage of the delay in their work by utilising new technologies such as
> hardware Physics Processing Units? This would surely aid their goal of a
> truly component based physics model for their cars?
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

'ot damn! I was thinking the same thing.

Alanb

mcewena May 2nd 05 09:42 PM

>Unfortunatly, there isn't too much discussion in other forums about
the
>progress in Racing Legends.

I think there's exactly the same amount of disucssion as there is
progress ;)

Ashley McConnell May 3rd 05 08:07 AM

You think wrong.

Ash

--
http://www.siroccoracing.com

Darus May 3rd 05 11:31 AM

Be very, very quiet. I'm hunting wabbits...er, Wests....

Much like the "You can be saved" and "Will you go to heaven" posts, RL
urban myth posts are an unfortunate byproduct of everyone having access
to usenet and Google.

As was posted elsewhere in regard to those other topics, "Got Proof?"

Ashley McConnell May 3rd 05 11:53 AM

Darus wrote:
> Be very, very quiet. I'm hunting wabbits...er, Wests....
>
> Much like the "You can be saved" and "Will you go to heaven" posts,

RL
> urban myth posts are an unfortunate byproduct of everyone having

access
> to usenet and Google.
>
> As was posted elsewhere in regard to those other topics, "Got Proof?"

As the authors of the other topics might reply, "because I speak to
them every day". ;)

I know first hand how much work Chris, Gregor and Tony are putting into
RL. I don't understand people who state as absolute fact that they
have not made any progress or that they are trying to con us all. What
could they possibly profit by doing that?

Like anything worth doing, RL takes time.

All the best,
Ash

--
http://www.siroccoracing.com

schooner May 3rd 05 12:38 PM

I think what makes people laugh is how they focus on items like 3D modeling
the inside of a bus, which will have 0 use in the game.

ups.com...

Gregor Veble May 3rd 05 03:13 PM

Hello,

there's been some comments by Chris and me in the latest AutoSimSport
issue. Basically it is felt a PPU would be a great addition, as that is
precisely what would be needed to move things that bit forward, but only
if it allowed for custom programming solutions and would have good
market penetration. So far it's a bit wait and see.

Cheers,

-Gregor