AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A lap around "The Ring" (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26838)

R.D.S. March 13th 05 04:11 AM

A lap around "The Ring"

Check it out, Awesome lap around the Nurburgring with Hans Stuck

http://www.dgtalpimp.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

fredrickson March 13th 05 04:23 AM

****ing sweet

mike March 13th 05 04:27 AM

R.D.S. wrote:
> Check it out, Awesome lap around the Nurburgring with Hans Stuck
>
> http://www.dgtalpimp.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

I got lost, and I wasn't even driving.lol.That was very cool!

Mike
mls67

[email protected] March 13th 05 05:40 AM

How about this ring lap with a Sauber in the supreme GT4...

www.areyouserios.com/uploads_hf/sauber_s16.wmv

Rob Berryhill March 13th 05 07:30 AM

In article >,
says...
> Check it out, Awesome lap around the Nurburgring with Hans Stuck

http://www.dgtalpimp.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

OMG, that was sweet! Two things are very apparent:

1. He's been around that track before . . . a few hundred times!
2. He's got big, brass cojones.

--
Rob Berryhill

redTed March 13th 05 10:49 AM

> http://www.dgtalpimp.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

Inferiority complex, ahoy !
Were those Porsche's he overtook ? Scary ****.

Dan_Leach March 13th 05 11:09 AM

"R.D.S." > wrote in message
> Check it out, Awesome lap around the Nurburgring with Hans Stuck
>
> http://www.dgtalpimp.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

Any idea what time he gets?

dan

Dave March 13th 05 01:18 PM

In article >, "Dan_Leach" > wrote:

>"R.D.S." > wrote in message
>> Check it out, Awesome lap around the Nurburgring with Hans Stuck
>>
>> http://www.dgtalpimp.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

>Any idea what time he gets?

I clock 8:20 from under the "BMW Sheer Driving Pleasure" overpass
to return. Note he's doing the combined new + old Nurburgring.
If I just time it from about the starting line of the Nordschleife
to where he exits it, and add about 5 seconds for the part
he didn't do (the last R hand turn to the start), I get about
6:55. Subtract about 21 seconds for "bridge-to-gantry" time.
IOW, pretty damned fast!

EL March 13th 05 01:18 PM

This is pretty scary, IMHO anything faster around this tight track is
totally suicidal.

EL

EL March 13th 05 01:20 PM

The link is dead.